Pokemon Go gameplay

So… the game is totally different now with the new gym and boss system. I’d say it addressed some of the problems earlier on, but are people still playing?

I’ve stopped playing, but whatever the new update is, it’s got some people back into it.

Gf was at Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT this past Monday evening at around 630PM and there was a horde of people outside the BR4 Sogo.

I experienced it myself two days ago by work when I passed by the Zhongshan fitness center for lunch. Lots of 低頭組

After the disastrous Chicago Pokemon Go event, where 20,000 players who bought a ticket into the event couldn’t play the game due to network issues, Niantics released the first two legendary pokemons, Lugia and Articuno, in Raid battles.

After this weekend, Articuno will no longer be catchable, and be replaced by Moltres.

Screenshot_20170727-234317

These legendary pokemons are extremely difficult to beat and even more difficult to capture. A minimum of 12 players is required to have a change to defeat them in a raid. If you are lucky enough to get enough players to join you and defeat a legendary pokemon, you have less than 2% chance of capturing it.

I’ve only managed to capture an Articuno. I tried multiple times trying to capture Lugia but it eludes me everytime.

At the same time, egg hatching distance, buddy candy system, experience point system, and the density of pokemon availability are all given bonuses during the event.

Even though the live event was a failure, Niantics still is coming away with an amazing amount of earnings, largely due to the fact that at first the event was supposed to just be 48 hours, so many players bought raid tickets.

1 Like

Anyone still playing it?
How about the Harry Potter one? Have you guys tried?

I just started playing it again last month, since I discovered there are 2 new pokestops that I can spin right from my place. I’m only turning it on a couple of times a day, and only went out of my way to take down gym because I needed the gold to expand my pokemon storage.

There is a remote battle pass that you can purchase using in game currency, which eliminates the need to be physically close to a gym to attack it. This means you can at least do a legendary raid a week for just 1 gold.

There are all kinds of team rocket quests, fashion week quests and other side mission to complete. You can also find Jessie and James bumbling their way through some side quests.

Still, it’s more fun if you have a group of 4 or more really engaged friends.

I tried the Harry Potter one, but I just don’t get the game play.

I’m also very casually getting back into Ingress. Again, only because I can deploy to a tower right from my place now.

1 Like

The good thing is that you can play it riding the bus. Don’t even need to walk.

Or a bike!

1 Like