Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

I wouldn’t sweat it :slight_smile:

I do not think bear is trying to change the behavior of zombies, he’s just stating an observation he’s made.

In all seriousness, this issue goes well beyond Pokemon Go, but that’s for another thread and another time.

It is 100% in the 24 to 35 age group. That says a lot.

I still think this is a worldwide phenomena, and the effects, whether good or bad, more noticeable here, due to the amount of people. It is just magnified.

You love the non-interaction here? Surely that says more about you than anyone else in this thread. If you don’t want to interact with people why live in a crowded city? Move to New Zealand or something. (I say that as a Kiwi who left to find a city with a pulse after 5.30 pm.)

Cause I am taiwanese maybe? Lols and why would I want to move to a place that I know nothing about and have nothing in common with? Sure some people like that but I don’t. I speak mandarin fluently and I don’t get discriminated against here. Why would I want to move to a foreign place? It says more about you trying to make the social atmosphere of what you like onto taiwanese society.

My vet, who goes biking regularly in the riverside parks, is quite annoyed at the Pokemon crowd…but mostly on regular streets, not riverside parks.

She said that if China wants to invade Taiwan, all it needs is a game like this and voila, no shots necessary.

They’d never get it right though. It would be like, “Red Star Chinese Taipei” or something. “How many stars can you find? Collect all five, the motherland awaits you!”

Not that I’m some butthurt Taiwanese nationalist but people need to stop pretending as if Taiwanese people are crazier (in this regard). Yeah sure Taiwanese people are very addicted to phones, but claiming people in other countries aren’t doing the same is simply ridiculous.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-25/japan-sees-first-pokemon-go-related-death

Just so you know, Snorlex is rarer than Vaporeon. The crowd reaction in Beitou isn’t something worth writing home about, it’s happening all over the world.

Who claimed people in other countries aren’t doing the same? I’m in Taiwan, I have no idea what’s going on elsewhere. I’m merely observing what I see here and it isn’t healthy.

However if I can just do a 180 on this. The repeated media coverage of one incident in Beitou is getting ridiculous, I’ve seen that 266 bus marooned in a sea of zombies about 100 times over 3 days. really need some more seas of zombies to make this a real thing.

People have been complaining about games making gamers detached from the real world and couped up in the house for a long ass time.

So finally there’s a massive hit that brings the game to the real world and now people are complaining about games making gamers detached from the real world while roaming around the real world…

If one of these games ever becomes massive as well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhUzUWOIug

Can’t wait to hear how people make fun of gamers then.

Can you shoot the Pokemons? Like to stop someone else from getting it? That would be cool.

nope. the closest thing is to submit fake rare pokemon sightings to go radar or pokeradar and have people run around the city for nothing.

you can also use a GPS jammer and send players over to the other side of town when a rare pokemon is right next to them. Not only does it piss them off, have players teleport to the other side of town enough times can even get them banned by Niantics. Using GPS jammers is most likely illegal though.

If the game encouraged interaction it’d be cooler. Its the head buried in console aspect that annoys me. A game where you had to go up to people and recite poetry, that’d be cooler.

What’s stopping you from going up to people to recite poetry now? :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as we are still stuck with our phones’ LED screens for display, people will still have their heads buried regardless of the types of game they play because that’s the only way they can receive and interact with the game.

If people didn’t complain about google glass’ ability to take photos without others noticing, then we could be playing Pokemon Go and other AR games with it, and no longer have to stare at the phone screen.

Honestly, if it wasn’t Pokemon Go, it’s some other game or messaging app that has everyone’s eyes glued to their phone screens.

PokeGo has just magnified the zombie apocalypse because zombies are conjugating in one place. Where before the app came out, you would see one here and another one a few minutes later. Now, it’s one behind the other with 5 other surrounding them.

1 Like

What he said.

Maybe I could promote a phone-free day? Think it’d gain any traction? I like the practice of placing all phones in the center of the table when going out with friends for meals, anyone reaching for their phone gets stuck with the bill. Really forces people to interact.

Did this with the gf once. She didn’t like it. It’s like I stripped out her eyes and she went blind she was so uncomfortable.

GF and I were huge Ingress players, but every time we go on a trip to the east coast, be it Turumoan, Pinuyumayan, or Pongso no Tao, we never seem to remember to turn the game on. So if I ever needed a phone off day, I just plan a trip somewhere, the only app that’d be on would be for GPS navigation.

[quote=“the_bear, post:200, topic:90019, full:true”]
Who claimed people in other countries aren’t doing the same?
[/quote]Well it’s just a vibe. I just feel that lots of posters here are making a fuss over something that cannot be avoided in all places where the majority of the residents can afford a smartphone, an unlimited phone plan, and said game is available, as if the situation is much worse here. Such assumption simply isn’t true.