Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

When will it come??? I really want to play pokemon go…

The wait is killing me.

I dunno why I’m so excited. Given the local wildlife all I’m going to get in my area are a thousand Rattatas.

I can imagine myself walking around Ximending, crossing paths with some 15 year-old Taiwanese girl who has to contend with a bearded foreigner twice her age that is after her Jigglypuff. Probably this isn’t something I want to do.

In most places, going after a 15 year-old girl’s Jigglypuff is against the law… :laughing:

Taiwan’s servers have been added. Not active yet but usually when the servers get added, the game goes live the next day.

Could be a tomorrow release :slight_smile:

There’s a funny story that since Pokemon Go isn’t live in South Korea yet, but playable in North Korea, South Koreans have been going to this tiny fishing village right along the boarder, because it’s technically above the 38 degree line.

[quote=“The_Ghost”]Taiwan’s servers have been added. Not active yet but usually when the servers get added, the game goes live the next day.

Could be a tomorrow release :slight_smile:[/quote]
omg

According to this site: mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

Taiwan’s server will go online in 6 hours (3PM). The server in the Philippines will be online in just 2 hours.

[quote=“hansioux”]According to this site: mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

Taiwan’s server will go online in 6 hours (3PM). The server in the Philippines will be online in just 2 hours.[/quote]

omgggggggggggggg

I can’t wait for it! It’ll make summer break pass so much faster (& burn some calories while I’m at it!)!!!

I expect to see an increase of “phubbers” and “pedtextrians”.

[quote=“Greikos”][quote=“hansioux”]According to this site: mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

Taiwan’s server will go online in 6 hours (3PM). The server in the Philippines will be online in just 2 hours.[/quote]

omgggggggggggggg

I can’t wait for it! It’ll make summer break pass so much faster (& burn some calories while I’m at it!)!!![/quote]

3:05PM, the load screen is much much faster, but nothing on my map.

Can check this website and refresh for that “X” turned into a check mark next to taiwan"

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

I guess all these links and news on pokemon go Asia’s subreddit are all just click baits…

I have to agree with that.

I mean, unless it’s coming from Niantic’s website or social media outlet, it must be bs.

Then again there’s the whole thing with Japan where Niantic was going to launch today in Japan with McDonald’s around the country being gyms, but pulled back?

[quote=“hansioux”]According to this site: mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

I made the same mistake you did and thought it was a countdown at first.

It’s how long the server has been active. So there has been a Taiwan server for 10 hours now but at the moment it’s still offline.

But… up until yesterday, there was no Taiwan server at all so the fact it’s been added means it surely can’t be long now.

With all the little beasts out on summer vacation this is gonna be a zombie apocalypse. Apokalypse? Apokemonalypse?

the game is now available in Japan. downloadable on google play and itunes, and my Japanese friends are already flooding me with screen caps

hopefully it’s a sign it’ll come to Taiwan soon. You’d think hurry to get to the Asian market. People here loves pokemon even during the years it wasn’t that popular anymore in the west.

Apparently it came on briefly this morning.

Fingers crossed that means a release will happen soon.

It’s out in Japan now.