Pokemon Go Taiwan discussion

Now we need to translate that in Chinese, print 5000 copies, and hand them out after we tackle them blitz style. :imp:

I have unlimited printing privileges at my office. I’ll print, let’s get a party together to tacky these things to street lights and buildings. Only to be taken down by that government worker who’s only job is to take down advertising on street lights…and buildings.

Seems like a foolproof plan. Let’s go.

Wow, unlimited printing privileges! I am shocked. I haven’t seen that like, ever. :dizzy_face:

It’s also quite possibly the worst thing ever. My colleagues and my boss print EVERYTHING and also keep everything. Apparently bi-weekly meeting agendas from 2 years ago are important.

If we do go along with this plan, I will be printing on the backside of used paper :wink:

The reports start…

Her , they throw away anything that isn’t moving fast enough, including people. Wish that would lessen the fire hazards, but nope nope.

I haven’t noticed anything “weird” yet on the MRT. Luckily, they just installed safety doors in our station, which should lessen casualties.

The riverside park near Luzhou spawns Dratinis I was pleased to discover today. I got 3 in 2 hours wandering around. Apparently they’re usually quite rare?

Luzhou also spawns a shit tonne of Pinsir. I dunno if they’re rare or not but I know on the original games they were.

It’s a common Pokemon in Taiwan, people from Taizhong and Kaohsiung were saying they’re everywhere.

Maybe they are part of a marketing campaign by the Tourism Bureau to attract Pokemon seeking tourists to Taiwan?

BTW, I was walking my doggie Bobby yesterday by the, ehem, ditch, eh, alameda in the hood. Couple of wandering Pokeseekers there. I was rooting for them to fall into the ditch. But did not stay to watch, my doggie had places to be, things to see, other dogs to bark at, people to scare. He walks faster.

And talking about pets, FB was circulating a pic of a guy holding a sign for Poke players to mind the stray animals around them, who need their help. Indeed, someone who was out and about catching Pokemons brought home a stray kitten found on the street.

I think there will be more to come. I did see a couple looking at a stray cat on a car hood when I was at a stop light. It was very clear they were playing by the nature of their phones in their hand.

I’m waiting for the animal shelters to allow PokeGoers to take their dogs out for walks like they did in the states.

why all the hate for the pokemon go players. People in Taiwan need to get out and do more activities anyways. Some of these people never go outside staying in the AC all day.

1 Like

In all fairness, some of them are learning how to use capital letters and punctuation.

I totally agree people her need more air and sunshine and walking. Problem is when they are cheating -scooter driving ain’t exercise, YouBike…ehem, OK- or when they stand around like zombies, even worse, zombies in groups, blocking the way for non players.

The ones by the ditch, eh, alameda, annoyed me because the path is narrow enough already. And dark. If you just stand there you are asking to be run over by a scooter or worse: attacked by a horde of roaches! Now, that would be funny: imagine a Pokehunter standing there, all focused in the game, when a roach makes an incursion in his pants, climbing up his sandals and socks …

In all seriousness, most of the game is just getting people outside to get to a spot and sit and not move. Some people are lucky and live right next to a lure spot that spawns the same Pokemon and after you catch a certain amount of that Pokemon, (I think it’s an auto evolution).

Those people on Youbikes or bikes, can’t really be considered cheating. It’s just a quicker means to get to a Pokestop or lure. They’re still getting in some kind of exercise. People on scooters are crossing the line.

You actually have to walk or run because sometimes you get better Pokemon via the incubator than catching. The egg hatches after you’ve moved 2/5/10km. The catch is the game will detect whether you’re moving too fast (I think anything above 4kmh) and won’t register the “steps”.

Me cat going pokemon hunting with me for the past 3 nights. She enjoys going out at night. I just have to avoid the crowd, which means stay away from pokestops, leading to emptying out all my poke balls…

1 Like

Everywhere I go now, people are ambling around or milling about staring at their smartphones. Oh wait, that’s exactly what it was like before.

2 Likes

Soon…

Wow, Pokemon Go is getting really popular in Asia. I can’t believe how many of my friends are already running around and collecting Pokemon, lol.

Well, they aren’t really doing activities. They are just going to a spot to play a video game. Sure they may go to new spots, but they don’t really do the activity at the spot. They might go to the zoo, but then they won’t actually look at the animals, just wander around looking at their phone screen, ignoring what one would normally do at that spot.

I have been working the last year and a half here in xhizhe. During this time, i always find peace sitting at a temple in the backside of the buildings during my hour break time. 97% of the time alone. I dont sleep during the break like locals BUT NOW, i am invaded by a hord of zombies. WHY WHY WHY!!! they even let their drink there, cigarettes and NOISEEEE etc…

yeah, they are playing a game…I don’t understand your point.