Police "aggression" when discussing a parking fine - police won't let me file a complaint

Pretty sure it was his motorcycle.

2 Likes

Oh, he was saying “bike” the way an American would? That’s cool, mad masala.

Rebel without a clue?

1 Like

Just pay the bill.
The-end

1 Like

Finally the police are cracking down on these anarchists.

3 Likes

When is the last time you heard a police officer getting convicted for pushing someone? Not going to happen.

There is a tendency with these kind of threads to have an argument of “The police here do nothing. It’s ridiculous. Oh, they’ve done something. It’s so unfair!”

6 Likes

Yeah, but when we said we wanted them to do something, we didn’t really mean “push mad masala”.

2 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why so much 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓? :dvd::frog:

Actually, the fine for parking on a sidewalk is between 500 and 6000. I should know because I got a fine a few weeks ago. I got lucky, ended up being 900. I learned my lesson. Even if the locals do it and get away with it, doesn’t mean you are immune to the laws.

Pay the fine and move on.

2 Likes

It’s pushing someone illegal in Taiwan?

OP keeps says the police officer “attacked” him, but does a push with no injuries count as assault, and if not what exactly is the case against the police officer meant to be?

Lol you are 100% in the wrong here dude…you won’t get hit with a ticket often because everyone here parks their bikes/scooters on the sidewalk…but if you do just suck it up and pay.

The police officer was just doing his job, you look like a huge jerk in this situation lol

4 Likes

I don’t think he looks like a jerk at all, someone claiming he attacked him by speaking english, now that’s something a jerk would say.

2 Likes

IMO all the external opinions here are spot on, I wouldn’t make a big deal if a policeman just pushed me. Some of them can be dicks, I would be pissed off about it for a week but then just move on, you don’t want to waste energy on that.

I’m surprised how many people want to be jerks to the OP and defend excessive use of force by the police (assuming the story is fairly presented).

Regardless, I think everyone on here (I haven’t read all the replies) has the right action which should be taken: nothing. You’ll not got any joy from pursuing charges, and you’ll only make yourself angrier. It is also possible (or even likely) that you’ll be on the receiving end of more negative consequences from the police.

YYY has the right take…you’ve done as much as you could to them, wasting their time and making him lose face. Call it a victory and end it.

Sounds like you were expecting respect and professionalism. From a policeman. Why? Sometimes it happens, and it is a pleasant surprise, never an expectation. Not in Taiwan, Asia or the US. I have had plenty of stupid petty tickets. So has everyone. Grit your teeth silently and pay it. There are plenty of places in the US where your actions would have resulted in you being in the back of a squad car. Maybe other places in the world too?

2 Likes

Or simply shot dead.

Act humbly, be contrite, pay the ticket, move on.

Guy

1 Like

I would say try pushing someone and see for yourself, but that would be bad advice.

There are people they would get in trouble for pushing, but those are mostly people they wouldn’t push in the first place, because they wouldn’t expect to get away with it. MM is the kind of person who defies people’s expectations (not necessarily a bad thing), so I think we can say the cop didn’t quite know what he was doing, but he will probably think twice before doing it again, at least to a foreigner.

2 Likes

So this won’t happen in the USA because you will consider it wonderful you didn’t get shot for resisting arrest or some other trumped up charge

The fuzz can be thuggish anywhere
Best not to have a run in with them though

My friend got pulled over and shoved on the ground in San Francisco for mouthing off the cop

White friend and
White cop
Had he been black he may have it worse

And he was an older dude the friend not the cop

I think I the cop was just trying to get the photo of the ticket so he could do his job. In what had become a tense situation.
The ticket had already been issued it was on the bike.
He now has the impression that foreigners act like spoiled children, who think that can do as they please and cry when they get caught. This will also be how it’s spread around the precinct.
Unfortunately the next foreigner that cop deals with will probably have a bad day also.

1 Like