Police and car park stunting

So every other weekend i take my stunt bws (road legal still…just) down to a rather large carpark on the outskirts of taichung, theres are no houses, kids or really anyone there besides a few people testing out their radio control cars and a couple of other bike riders doing the same.
I practice my wheelies and endos there, i wear a fullface helmet and armour and cause no hassle to anyone and usually get onlookers clapping hands etc if there is anyone around.

So to my point, the police do sweet f**k all when it comes to the dangerous riders on the road but the last few weeks i have noticed the police have been lurking around and for the past 2 times when there has been maybe 3 or 4 of us playing around they have given hassle and sent us home…

Right, why?.

Is it not safer for us to do this in the safety of a closed off carpark where there are no bystanders or traffic, or do they really want us practicing on the road outside schools etc.
I just dont get this country sometimes, it just doesnt make any sense, punish the ones trying to do things safely and let the crazy betal nut chewing trash cause chaos right in front of their own noses…

I also recently heard that drag racing is illegal even if it is on a closed track, which might explain why they do it on the street.
Cant they follow the lead of the west and actively encourage racing and stunting OFF THE ROAD?

Its a carpark. A public place.

Scotland V/s England Part II ???

Scotland V/s England Part II ???[/quote]

No, more like a man versus a silly boy.

Can’t you young lads find another outlet for your youthful energy? How about hiking or rugby? In New Zealand the boy racers tend to be the runty types who don’t play contact sports, or - in fact - do any sport.

Scotland V/s England Part II ???[/quote]

No, more like a man versus a silly boy.

Can’t you young lads find another outlet for your youthful energy? How about hiking or rugby? In New Zealand the boy racers tend to be the runty types who don’t play contact sports, or - in fact - do any sport.[/quote]
I found that frequent masturbation kept me and my young friends off the streets and out of mischief, right up until I was 37.

You regained your sight at 37?

Still have the hair on your palms?

And my grip.

Between my toes, too. Go figure, as they say in America.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]So to my point, the police do sweet f**k all when it comes to the dangerous riders on the road but the last few weeks I have noticed the police have been lurking around and for the past 2 times when there has been maybe 3 or 4 of us playing around they have given hassle and sent us home…

Right, why?.[/quote]

In this instance because some dickhead took videos without thinking through the consequences and posted his tripe on the net. You should thank him. He promotes motorcycling in Taiwan for foreigners.

HG

my goodness i seem to have walked on to the grandpa forums :unamused:

but back in the US it is illegal to do the same identical thing. Even on a private country road. Sucks but that is the truth…as for drag racing…what happens back home? Drag strips are open 1-3 days a week. Usually Wed and Sat. You get your runs and tunes in wed then race for money or pride, whichever you fancy on Sat. BUT now that you have this modified street car, what do you do when someone pulls up next to you and revs their engine and wants to race? In CA, FL, and other states, driving a car with modifications is not ILLEGAL, but it definitely will get you stopped and questioned many times. Its “probable cause”, which you can explain as your weekend hobby. but here you cant do that right, because it is illegal? But i could have sworn I heard abotu drift tracks here somewhere.

if I were you, I would stop going for a few weeks…let the heat die down, and then start going again. Thats what we did when the pork started trying to find our spots.

well the above makes sense, but at least you can do it!.

Well i just found out i was wrong in my findings, but its a bit more worrying!.

Basically theres a law in taiwan that says if there is a gathering of cars or bikes its illegal and thats what happened last week.
Apprently i can wheelie myself silly in the carpark and the cops cant do a thing but if i bring 2 or more friends…

Dude follow the Formula :
“Anything cool, unique, exciting, challenging or different will be over regulated , fucked with, and sold back to you by the people you hate”

This is the way of the world-seen it here with music, surfing and big bikes.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]So every other weekend i take my stunt bws (road legal still…just) down to a rather large carpark on the outskirts of Taichung, theres are no houses, kids or really anyone there besides a few people testing out their radio control cars and a couple of other bike riders doing the same.
I practice my wheelies and endos there, i wear a fullface helmet and armour and cause no hassle to anyone and usually get onlookers clapping hands etc if there is anyone around.
[/quote]

hey do you have a video? honestly you should make one, i would love to see some stunts on a bws !!!

everyone should probably be careful making videos for a while… there seems to be someone hunting down foreigners right now.
there is a spot in yonghe where kids often go to practice riding at night. noone uses the road anymore, but neighbors across from a freeways like to complain and call the police. I used the same logic once to argue with the cops that we are here learning how to be better riders, do they really want us to try and practice on the busy streets? anyways they kindof agreed with me, but they still had to send us all home. sometimes you just have to bend to the flow of things here in taiwan. if you put up a fight, chances are things will just get worse. we foreigners here are like the nail that stands up, which is easy to get hammered down when politically beneficial to someone.

OH SNAP THAT WAS U?!?!? :sunglasses:

i actually got a short clip. just a slow wheelie nothing major.

public area is a no go. i drive pass there a lot and even saw a drift car and other retards (no pun intended on u only ones that make a mess over there and make it look bad for others). so i can see why cops hassle.

great work btw! (if that was u lol) safety and not bothering others was ur thing. as for the locals they just make a mess and rip it around the lot like mad max :smiley:

edit: sorry took down video link after i saw what u guys said.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]
Basically theres a law in taiwan that says if there is a gathering of cars or bikes its illegal and thats what happened last week.
Apprently i can wheelie myself silly in the carpark and the cops cant do a thing but if i bring 2 or more friends…[/quote]
Probably formulated to give the police some legal backup to disperse the gangs of scooterpunks that used to rampage around attacking innocent pedestrians etc. While it does suck that you are targeted when being as safe as you can, it is a public place and the laws do apply there. Let’s not blame the cops for applying laws which are probably quite popular with the general public. IIWY I’d look further out for a place to play, or find somewhere private to do it.

Usually the cops show up because of noise complaints. In open areas the sound from a bunch of hard-revving bikes can travel for miles.

[quote=“omerojs”][quote=“smellybumlove”]So every other weekend i take my stunt bws (road legal still…just) down to a rather large carpark on the outskirts of Taichung, theres are no houses, kids or really anyone there besides a few people testing out their radio control cars and a couple of other bike riders doing the same.
[/quote]

hey do you have a video? honestly you should make one, I would love to see some stunts on a bws !!![/quote]

haha not many, loads of photos though but im not going to plaster them here in case it starts some kind of hunt for my bike, my bike is pretty individual!.