Police Brutality / Racial Factors

Many many moons ago I was at a party where I had ingested a certain, shall we say, slightly illegal substance Dr. Leary advocated. Anyway, somebody kept playing “Workingman’s Dead” by the Grateful Dead and “After the Gold Rush” by Neil Young. They’d play one side of each album and then flip them over and play the other side. Over and over and over and over and over…

I start flashing back if I listen to either one now…I’ll take Steve Marriott and Humble Pie any day of the week.

[i]Mother Theresa wrote:
But, of course most folks aren’t like that.

Blueface666 wrote Yeah, most of us don’t hangout in the Northern California woods smoking dope with lesbian mayors… [/i]

I love this regional antagonism. What if you are smoking dope after eating collared greens with a Lesbian Humboldt County mayor?

Chewy

[quote=“Chewycorns”][i]Mother Theresa wrote:
But, of course most folks aren’t like that.

Blueface666 wrote Yeah, most of us don’t hangout in the Northern California woods smoking dope with lesbian mayors… [/i]

I love this regional antagonism. What if you are smoking dope after eating collared greens with a Lesbian Humboldt County mayor?

Chewy[/quote]

Is she nude?

[quote]Is she nude?
[/quote]
Starkers. Apart from her back hair and her comfortable shoes.

Steve Marriot was in Humble Pie? Damn, I’m such a rube… I did not know that.

Bastard almost made me crash my car on Sunday. “In my Mind’s Eye” indeed. I should have been playing “Henry” by the NRPS.

“And now he’s rolling down the mountain goin’ fast, fast, fast,
And if he blows it this one’s gonna be his last…”

I agree. I’d want to see the video.

I agree with this also. … There is no excuse for punching a prisoner who is already subdued.[/quote]
The police didn’t act improperly. They didn’t punch a prisoner who was already subdued. The video has been shown on TV on several shows, and is probably available online somewhere (I looked, didn’t find it, but Google might not have indexed it yet since it was only a few days ago).

Your comments are reminiscent of the Rodney King case. The mainstream media’s so-called “news” shows played the same short clip of King being beaten by the cops, but never showed the whole video with King attacking the cops, getting up to attack again, and so on. The result was that people were effectively propagandized into believing that the police had brutally attacked him for no reason. When the jury, who HAD seen the whole tape during the trial, acquitted the officers of brutality, the result was, almost predictably, a race riot and looting-fest in L.A.

The first, and only, time I ever saw the whole tape was on “Nightline” – after the riots. This is probably true of most people, at least the ones who ever did see the whole tape. After seeing it, I was surprised that the cops didn’t simply shoot King instead of trying to subdue him (practically gently, considering!). If there had only been one or two officers, they probably would have just shot him and nothing more would have happened.

This time around, the media bias is still perceptible, but despite the old-line media not having learned anything from the Rodney King riots, the media has become more diverse (think Fox News, the internet, more talk radio, and so on) and these additional outlets are presenting a more honest picture.

Namely: the guy was violent and the police used appropriate force to subdue him. The police tried to save him when his heart failed, which was probably due to the drugs he’d been abusing – cocaine, PCP, and methyl alcohol (apparently he was soaking cigarettes in it) – which also are likely to have affected his mental state, making him aggressive toward the rescue workers who were trying to help him initially. A few professional “civil rights” protestors have tried to demagogue the issue, but – aside from the “mainstream media” and similarly biased groups – they’re not having much success with their spin this time.

Police can be absolute bastards, but in this case, they weren’t.

MaPo,

Just to clarify… I’m inclined to believe the police and give them the benefit of the doubt. As I posted previously, from the account I had read, it seems the police acted well within their rights in this case.

Actually, I was agreeing with you re your Rodney King comments… like you, I’d want to see the video before making any judgment… and of course that means the entire video.

Nonetheless, there have been cases of police brutality, and I find the same intolerable. I hold police to a high standard. Nobody forces them to be police… they know it is a dirty and dangerous job, and yes, often thankless as well. But that never gives them the right to hit an already subdued suspect/criminal. I look at it like Catholic priests. Nobody forced them to be priests… they knew they were going to take a vow of celibacy… if you don’t want to be celibate, don’t become a priest. Same for police… if you cannot control yourself with criminal suspects when you finally have them subdued, don’t become a police officer.

unfortunately, police forces, security guards services, prison guards seem to attract some bad people.

and even if they do come in as young idealistic recruits, maybe the dark side of the job changes them.

maybe cops need better training on situations like this.

maybe the dude shouldn’t have been on cocaine, pcp and methanol. or he should have done it in the privacy of his own home. his family are calling him a sweet harmless jolly fella. sure, maybe when he’s sober.

Too true. But then visit a prison sometime and look at the angels they have to deal with. I don’t have an answer other than I’m glad I’m not cop. But then again, when you need one…

Too true. But then visit a prison sometime and look at the angels they have to deal with. I don’t have an answer other than I’m glad I’m not cop. But then again, when you need one…[/quote]

maybe they should have two kinds of cops… the nice, communicative, help the old lady across the street, understanding of minorities type, and the blackshirted, riotgear armored, no talking no negotiating, beat you down and arrest you type.

so if cop A doesnt convince you politely you should not resist arrest and kindly put your hands behind your back, you will get fair warning and aforeknowledge that cop B won’t give a damn how he gets you down and cuffed as long as it gets down.

i’m somewhat surprised those cops didn’t mace him. autopsy reports show that his bruises were not on his head or near vital organs.
i mean, black or not, the guy was on PCP…

Agreed there. There have also been cases of political discrimination against blacks, even in Seattle in the late 1990’s.

Unfortunately, the causes that the “civil rights” crowd take up nowadays are invariably of the false-flag type – if the NAACP or Jesse Jackson defends someone, it’s a slam-dunk that the guy is guilty. Apparently, REAL cases of discrimination are too difficult for them. They’d rather just make noise and gather donations.