Policing in America

No, but since you are debating in a public forum you might want to A. make sense B. back up what you say with evidence. Otherwise, you are just saying things that are not true and there is a word for that.

Like I said. I COULDNā€™T care less what you think of my posting style. And Iā€™m not debating. I just tell it like it is. You donā€™t like it; thatā€™s your problem. FFS

Makes sense to me.

It makes sense to him until it doesnā€™t fit his narrative.

A narrative has purpose. So, itā€™s not that. I was Marine Security Forces and know and speak to lots of cops. You NEVER want someone going back into their car once they have been taken out of it, unless YOU decide they can go. Regardless of pretty much everything else.

https://www.police1.com/officer-shootings/videos/ga-officer-shot-5-times-during-traffic-stop-X5pUeZYarFQaW1ZF/

There are sooooo many more.

Training video for the cops:

https://www.police1.com/officer-down/videos/reality-training-lunsford-incident-U3vlZnVpdJBDxnbU/

2 Likes

A dangerous 13 yr old threat has been eliminated by the professional well trained Chicago police.

No investigation needed. No need to change training protocols or you know amount of guns in the country. Because of course guns donā€™t kill people :ā€¦

1 Like

I think there is a lot to this case not known yet.

Was the kids DNA or fingerprints on the gun?

Did the officer see the gun in his hand while he was chasing?

Iā€™d the gun was his, why did he have it and why was he running?

If he had dropped on the ground and went spread eagle, heā€™d be alive. He went for the fence where it was hard to see his hands.

That kid made a lot of bad decisions, but I think thatā€™s quite an assumption, given that wasnā€™t the instruction from the cop - the instruction was show me your hands, which it appears the kids was doing; dropping them to get down would be not complying, and the narrative could easily be the hands were going for something.

2 Likes

The instructions were to ā€œbe more white skinnedā€. Since he didnā€™t comply the threat was eliminated according to standard operating procedures.

1 Like

The 21-year-old gangbanger probably handed his gun off to the kid, because a minor is much less likely to get a gun conviction.

Come on.
Of thereā€™s any racism here, itā€™s your attitude.
:roll_eyes:

I think he also turned around very quickly right after his hands were behind the fence. The media is cherry picking a frame after he, most likely, tossed the gun. In real time it can definitely be argued that it appears heā€™s turning to attack.

Could be. Another play stupid games, win stupid prizes situation.

Even an orangutan behaves better with kids.

1 Like

The police officer was eventually cleared and returned to duty, the family filed a civil rights lawsuit against him in Oct. 2018, but I canā€™t find any later info about it.

It would appear he tossed the gun, turned around obeying the copā€™s order to raise his hands, and got shot after he complied.

2 Likes

He did, but he slid up against a fence with his hand concealed and turned quickly with his hands half up.

Easy to mistake the intent.

Iā€™m sure somehow it was his fault for complying, and not running, in this case. Video I saw had him clearly with hands in the air.

Cops need to realize their default mentality is that they chose a dangerous job and need to be responsible, not that because their job is dangerous theyā€™re entitled to be trigger happy.

1 Like

Obviously the kid should have dropped the gun while he was running. I canā€™t see how the cop is in the wrong when the kid didnā€™t visibly drop the gun. Heā€™s holding it just prior to turning and raising his hands and drops it where it canā€™t be seen. The cop shoots as he is raising his hands. When so many people carry guns this sort of tragedy is unavoidable.

2 Likes

Yes, they are cherry picking frames to make it look bad.

I had a good look at the video. No kind of motion reaching for a gun, Guy literally stopping and putting his hands up (literally listening to officer). Clearly no gun in them, hands are up by his ears when cop pulls trigger. Disgusting.

1 Like

It all happens in a split second. Itā€™s easy to be a Monday morning quarterback though, isnā€™t it?