Political Analysis/Research Jobs

Hi everyone

I’m from the UK where I’ve previously worked in political journalism/research and political risk analysis. I’m now moving to Taiwan for an indefinite period due to family reasons where I’ll be for at least a year and possibly longer. I’m really looking forward to moving there but I am hoping to find work in a similar risk analysis/research/journalism role and since I don’t speak fluent Chinese I’m worried about my chances of finding work. I realise a lot of people teach English when they move there but I don’t believe I’d be good at this and I have no experience in teaching. Any advice for how to look for research/analysis jobs in Taiwan or any good companies to apply for?

Thanks

Maybe you can write to this blogger and ask about specific job prospects in Taiwan.
He does some of the best analysis of local politics:

Or academic positions at unis.

Hi KHHville, that’s a great tip thank you, I’ll look into that!

Hi tando, thanks for the reply. I’ve been in contact with several uni’s but given that I don’t speak Chinese, and also that I only have a Master’s degree in politics, I haven’t had any positive responses yet. I’ll keep trying that route though, thanks.