Political Correctness / MultiCulturism/ Diversity, evolution

I found this talk from 22 Years ago , to be quite relevant . One of the interesting questions asked, was regarding how American Public Education has been skewed to the Left. Whether you are Left or Right in your politics, should there be any bias in Public Schooling ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG9iG0cSjbc&feature=share

I want to tell a personal story. Before I moved to America, I didn’t really have a concept of race. Yes different nationalities and culture. But not like I felt anyone was a different race than me. They were maybe Americans like my hockey coach was in Taiwan who named me Andrew. Never did I see this man as white and me as Asian.

It wasn’t until I moved and we started talking about diversity and multiculturalism that I began to see people as different races. I’m sure the problem wouldn’t have just came being educated in America. But somewhere, somehow, we began to see these things. It was true even as kids when I moved to the US. All the kids in my neighborhood who were black, white, Asian, etc just got along to play with no issues. No one cared what race we were. But at some point we began to care for whatever reasons.

It’s like being told “no you have to include jimmy because he’s black in your group of all Asian kids in class to play” but jimmy is just a dick and cheats at the game and it has nothing to do with him being black. Jimmy just sucks, I don’t want to play with jimmy. The game didn’t become better because we decided to be “inclusive” “diverse” and “multicultural”.

Did anyone consistently see pictures like these in school?

The 2nd one seems like it could backfire as being racist using stereotypes like having a Mexican in a sombrero hat.

I mean I’ve never felt like anyone was a different race than me until I’m seeing these pictures of people in different shades and being told we have to include and accept other races. It never occurred to me we should base any decisions on skin color and what funny hats they wear.

Unless you discovered other hominides, there are no other human races. We are only one race.

I grew up in a diesel and dust town in Northern Australia, and was schooled in the 70’s and 80’s. We had kids from all over the world, and there was never a problem with race unless you were an aboriginal (but that is another story). My point is, people weren’t encouraged to embrace their culture, nor were they discouraged, and they generally got along. From my recent tertiary education experience people have become infatuated with their identity rather than looking at the bigger picture, and society seems to be the worse for it.

4 Likes

Actually, this writer makes some astute observations about political correctness and race relations, and is a great read from a working class perspective. (You don’t have to subscribe or like anything, just delete the pop-up).

They have to hate poor whites because the very existence of poor whites messes up their narrative unless they can blame the poor whites for being poor.

And they sure as hell aren’t going to change their narrative to fit the data.