Poll: Do you appreciate Family Mart/7-11's being clean and safe?

• I do appreciate Family and 7’s (Taiwan) are safe and clean
  • I do appreciate NOT Family and 7’s (Taiwan) are safe and clean
  • My local store is not safe
  • My local store is not clean
  • My local store is clean

0 voters

After seeing this video (a gun fight between store guests and not a robbery) I appreciate Family Mart/7’s being clean and safe a lot today, after sometimes not thing about it. Do others think about this much?

1 Like

In my local 7-11, we need to watch out for late night fights between international students and local gangsters. Something about chatting inappropriately with someone’s girlfriend . . . It was not a great situation.

Guy

2 Likes

When I first got here I was quite surprised by the lack of driver by shootings.

Probably a fight over the Ibon machine.

2 Likes

No, being from Europe, I don’t consider the safety of Taiwan particularly outstanding. Maybe a bit less petty theft and more gang-related violence depending on which area one is from.

Only for some people from the US, it seems that the lack of daily shootouts is something spectacular about Taiwan’s safety…

8 Likes

I do think Taiwan in general is a lot more safe. Cleanliness depends on location just like the states though.

3 Likes

In America, 7-11’s are typically only found in shadier parts of the city. This being in Chicago is even less surprising.

1 Like

How sad is that? I clicked before reading. thinking how the F could that happen in taiwan. Kind of shocked. When i opened it and saw California (wasnt Chicago) my mind literally went meh, sounds about right. How sad is that level of desensitized reaction…

1 Like

So glad there are not many guns in TW! Also I think people in Taiwan tend to fight less. (I said less, not none)

1 Like

Sevvy’s here don’t have that odd smell of slurpee, piss and cleaning fluid. There’s also a noticeable lack of humans hanging around outside who look as though they are undecided whether to mooch change or stab you depending on their meth dosage.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be too happy to see this poll if I was the owner of Hi-Life or Circle K.

Hi-Life has upped their game, at least in central Taipei City.

Circle K . . . let’s just say it occupies a different tier in the market. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

’ … a 7-Eleven store in Southern California’

Safe and clean is nice, but the main problem with those convenience stores is that they sell unhealthy garbage at inflated prices. The only reason I usually go there is to pay my bills.

3 Likes

Honestly when it comes to cleanliness, I love noticed that it depends on each store. I appreciate when they are clean and quiet, but not every store is.

Hi life seems to be the least clean of the convenience stores from what I’ve seen.

2 Likes

That’s true, definitely expensive. I like monster energy (I know it’s bad for me) but it’s 60 for a can half the size of what you get in America. It’s crazy.

1 Like

Usually FamilyMart has less employees than 7-11 to service people.

FTFY

3 Likes

:100:

I might go there once in a while to get a bottle of clean and safe water, though.

1 Like

That’s a really weird question. Would anyone not appreciate anything being clean and safe? Who likes dirty and dangerous?

3 Likes