POLL - Forumosans not in TW

I think most posters on here are currently in TW, but if not, care to holler and tell us where you are at?!

Miakaw - US

Miss TW terribly though…

HKG

Jack Burton on the “Pork Chop Express”

Was in San Francisco, or rather the dark bowels of Chinatown (see the movie)

NOW, shuttling between HK and SZ.

I’m in Saskatoon.

Hong Kong and wishing it was Taiwan, but with my salary unchanged.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Hong Kong and wishing it was Taiwan, but with my salary unchanged.

HG[/quote]

Nice to have a dream init? Me too

Motherland, Shanghai

My condolences.

Arkansas. I miss Taiwan, too.

Luxembourg. I miss Taiwan’s real estate prices. :wink:

Who misses close 24-hour access to booze? :beer: :slight_smile:

There are loads of Asian students is saskatoon! :astonished: That IS suprising. I thought saskatoon was a cowboy town.

There are loads of Asian students is saskatoon! :astonished: That IS suprising. I thought saskatoon was a cowboy town.[/quote]
Yeah, it is, but it is also a university town. There are loads of Asians studying here.

Saskatoon still is a cowboy town. I was back last summer for a couple of weeks, and was glad to leave.

South Africa. Then back to China or Thailand for a bit, then maybe (just maybe) back to Taiwan.

All depends where the teaching/business wind blows me…

I just miss my scooter and a 7-11 on every corner :cry:

Hong Kong. I miss that little Greek restaurant in Tainan…

New Jersey. Spent the first 10 years of my life in Taiwan. Really miss the food and relatives. Haven’t been back in 4 1/2 years.

Houston, Texas, USA
Missing Taiwan more every day and trying to plan my return.

To almas john,

I miss the 24 beer store!!

As soon as I checked into my hotel in Seattle I went to the 7-11 at 2:20am, fully expecting to enjoy a beer after my 11 hour flight back to the USA, and then it hit me. I can’t buy beer in this dump after 2am. So I bought some cigars instead. And I had to pay tax.

I will be back in Taiwan in September for another glorious, fun filled month. Free of all the uptightness of America. You want a beer at 3am?, sorry we don’t do that here. But in Taiwan… sure I leave the bar at 4am, but as I’m walking home I can buy a cold one for the walk back to my hostel. Golly. Which is better?

And I miss stinky tofu. I miss fish ball soup. I miss real dumplings, in all their forms. I miss walking down the street with a tall boy, ice cold, frothy; without the cops busting me for having an, “open container”. Of course it’s open officer, how could I enjoy it while it’s not opened? It’s a beer. It needs to breath too. Oh, I’ll be back baby, yes I will.

Oh, I have been residing in Missoula, Montana, USA for the past 16 years. Originally from the Great Lakes state of Michigan.

JM