[Poll] How Long Will DJ Trump Stay in Office?

• Less than a year
  • Less than two years
  • Less than three years
  • One term
  • Two terms
  • Longer

0 voters

I think he will last less than two years.

Three possibilities: Impeachment, health problems, realization that he canā€™t do the job.

Or will he proof all doubters wrong?

1 Like

One thousand years.

I love these threads. You guys keep doubling down with the sour grapes.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œhannes, post:2, topic:157785, full:trueā€]realization that he canā€™t do the job.
[/quote]
Name one World leader who has ever had this realization :slight_smile:

Dunning and Kruger know how politics works.

I think heā€™ll run his full term, but probably not for a second one. Itā€™s anybodyā€™s guess what heā€™s actually going to do, but IMO voters just want to watch a fireworks display, say ooh and ahhh, and then go home.

4 Likes

If he can actually build the border wall, enforce immigration laws, and improve the economy then two terms.

The rate heā€™s going, he doesnā€™t have to last long.

A pen and a phone, and a weaponized executive branch. Heā€™s not so unprecedented in certain ways. The Douche established plenty of precedents.

But first heā€™s got a war to winā€¦ against the Deep State.

1 Like

Two terms seems to be the rule these days, for better or worse (worse lately). If he gets rid of FATCA, heā€™s got my vote for a second term.

3 Likes

For me the real question is: if after 4 years employement rate goes up, taxes go down, the overall American economy improves, the 20 trillion debt or whatever much it is gets reduced (thanks Obama), relations with Russia/China get better and the Us manage to fix some of the problems in the middle east, will democrats vote for democrat candidate just out of spite?

1 Like

i highly doubt he can lower the debt and lower taxes at the same. You can thank bush for that debt. Increasing government spending when the economy was crazy good and handing obama a resession right after and a unwinable war I might add.

I think he will be a one term president. I think he will do some positives, but do way to many unpresidential things like saying some stupid stuff to be elected again.

david cameron.

1 Like

hmmm ā€¦ fair point, although he didnā€™t exactly admit incompetence. As far as I can tell, he just sort of decided ā€œwell, bugger this for a game of soldiersā€. I reckon he was just bored rather than embarrassed.

Is that what goes on the CNN, Buzzfeed, occupy democrats etc?

Bush administration increased the debt in part to face the global economic crisis of 2007/8. Obama inherited a system with a massive national debt and doubled down with Obamacare and all sorts of spendings that lead to a basically stagnant economy. Actually worse depending on specific areas, both from a geographic point of view (some cities have lost all production and are becoming ghost towns) and work sector.

3 Likes

Recession is a different kettle of fish entirely, and I beg to differ that economy was ā€œcrazy good.ā€ Recession was Alan Greenspanā€™s fault, he unnecessarily lowered interest rates to 1% for more than a year in 2004 and created a big mess of easy money (or crazy good economy) that avalanched in 2008. You could say it was all the Fedā€™s fault, but Bush didnā€™t believe in maintaining a strong dollar like Reagan and Clinton did, so I do blame Bush too, not just Greenspan.

I donā€™t know how Trump believes on strong dollar, I hear conflicting things on this and fear as a protectionist he will choose a weaker dollar, like Bush. It is a wait and see for me.

Four or eight years, how exciting. What do you think heā€™s going to make America great again now.

Until he dies, once he declares himself emperor.

1 Like

Except itā€™s not a stagnant economy it has been showing steady growth and employment uptick has been very strong for years. There are patches of the US that have been doing badly for decades but most of it has been doing better ober the last few years.

@Jotham - bare face lies most of it. Is this the way you ā€˜debateā€™ politics in the US now.

Post-truth?

Reagan spent spent spent, a lot of it on the military remember Star Wars and nuclear weapons and ships and outspending your enemy now best buds the Russians?

Government revenue increases when taxes are cut on the rich? Well hidie-ho free money for everyone no taxes for everyone!!! Oh wait your new President didnā€™t pay any taxes worked for him!!'n

Reagan cut taxes and waffled on about cutting the government. But it was the other side Wah Wah. Is that the quality of your debate?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-11/trump-s-defense-spending-hike-counts-on-a-reagan-era-gimmick

That one paid off big time.

1 Like

Youā€™re saying the SU would have survived if not for SW? I didnā€™t know you had so much faith in Marxism! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

[quote=ā€œIbisWtf, post:13, topic:157785, full:trueā€]Bush administration increased the debt in part to face the global economic crisis of 2007/8. Obama inherited a system with a massive national debt and doubled down with Obamacare and all sorts of spendings that lead to a basically stagnant economy. Actually worse depending on specific areas, both from a geographic point of view (some cities have lost all production and are becoming ghost towns) and work sector.
[/quote]
Remember that Bush excluded the Iraq War spending from his budget calculations, so the true debt was US$15 trillion when Bush left office. Obama simply decided to use honest accounting methods, which is why it spiked after he became president. It was Bushā€™s debt.

The debt went up 300% under Bush, and only 33% under Obama, and much of that was spent repairing the damage Bush had caused.