Poll: police activity at your school

What, if any, legal related problems has your school had?

• None. Ny boss is unconcerned, and so am I.
  • No police have been around, but my boss is jumpy and unusually worried
  • My boss has done stuff that makes me think there is cause for concern, like tell us where to hide if the cops show up
  • My boss has been tipped off in advance of a raid
  • My boss is changing procedures and paperwork because of fear of he worst
  • Police have been to my school in the past month. No deportations, but things must change
  • Police have been to my school and deportation(s) have resulted

0 voters

I realize that people are reluctant to talk about their jobs on the internet and name names, so here is an anonymous poll. Let’s see if things are really as bad as some people say they are, or if it’s all just a bunch of rumors.

The foreign police is very busy in Tainan County now. I’ve heard of about two teachers who got deported.

Also about an agent, Aileen, who gut busted and audited. The above teachers worked for her. She operates in Madou and Jiali. I have to say I’ve heard this news through the grapevine and I’m not sure about the facts. I just know for sure some teachers of Aileen are looking for other jobs in a hurry. They asked for help at my school and they are very worried.

Anyone know about this?

This may have surfaced before, but here it is again for anyone who missed it. Perhaps this is the reason for recent jitters.

npa.gov.tw/NPAGip/wSite/ct?x … Node=11710

It would be nice if this country left the stone age and stopped persecuting people for working in high demand jobs, like English Teaching. Why don’t the buxibans get together and appeal this? Is it really easier in the long run to keep greasing palms with red envelopes or to lobby to change the laws?

[quote=“pukwai”]The foreign police is very busy in Tainan County now. I’ve heard of about two teachers who got deported.

Also about an agent, Aileen, who gut busted and audited. The above teachers worked for her. She operates in Madou and Jiali. I have to say I’ve heard this news through the grapevine and I’m not sure about the facts. I just know for sure some teachers of Aileen are looking for other jobs in a hurry. They asked for help at my school and they are very worried.

Anyone know about this?[/quote]

I don’t know about the current news, but I worked for her several years ago and her getting busted is long overdue. She dodged around on taxes, in my case getting my ARC through another school while I was actually working for her, and skimping on expenses by not paying my health insurance and lying about it. I found out when I had to go to the hospital. She just gave me somebody’s else card and told me to use it until I got one of my own. :loco: She also withheld my tax refund check, over 40,000 NT, and lied to me about that, too, saying that it was being “processed”. Well after I phoned the tax office and they told me they’d sent it to her office over two months ago, I confronted her and she pulled the check out of her desk and handed it over to me.

Aileen’s operation was to hire teachers and farm them out to different schools all over Tainan County. This practice is illegal but most teachers who she hires don’t know about the rules in Taiwan. All of them hired from overseas because no teacher already in Tainan County would ever want to work for her given her reputation. I worked for her for a year and thinking back on it I’m lucky I didn’t get caught and deported. In addition to that, like I said she has all sorts of ways to regularly cheat on all of her taxes. It was only a matter of time before the police caught on to her. I’m surprised she’s been able to get away with her business for so long.