Poll: Return of the Poll - Can you do the “Asian squat”?

I always have my back locked in a straight position when I squat. No discomfort in my spine as yet. Just makes the muscles protecting it feel tired after a bit.

What? So you’ve just been getting drunk alone at home all this time?

Of course. I am scared of being around other people.

Minibar…problem solved.

whats a minibar

Do you still feel scared after a couple of beers?

i’m not really sure cos ive neve rdone it

But apparently, it’s the best position for bowel movements? And sitting on the toilet actually constrict your bowels?

I used to get pretty scared around a group of people. Still do a little bit but I can do it. I kinda like being alone and being around people is mentally exhausting. Maybe because I feel like I fake it and just emulate how people socially act to fit in. Maybe im a psychopath?

For me, lots of noise from the body tends to make me cringe, namely…

• Chewing with the mouth open or really loud chewing in an otherwise quiet room.
  • Knuckle popping / cracking
  • Excessive sniffling
  • Extremely loud sneezing
  • Extremely loud coughing
  • Nail biting
  • Loud belching, but strangely, burping doesn’t bother me
1 Like

It is. Everything just aligns better that way. Hitting a deep squat like this is also helpful for pregnant women as their babies descend and they move into the latest stage of labor. It’s something about the way the pelvis shifts and widens.

I’m the only one in my whole family who can’t do this (old knees).
I’m convinced this is why altekokkers in Taiwan, despite many other problems, never have the hip issues so common in Western olds.

Those don’t bother me. What I can’t stand are hawking and spitting, and the sound of a nail clipper. Especially the latter. Do that shit in private, please, and over a wastebasket or toilet bowl!

I was here for years before I found out I was facing the wrong way round on squat toilets. Even the right way round they are still bastards. Supposedly good for avoiding the old Emma Freuds.

I did it the wrong way for a while when I was little, too. It wasn’t until I came across one that had footprints indicating which direction to squat that I realized I was literally bass-ackwards.

I think people generally strain less in that position. Plus you aren’t putting unnecessary pressure on your bottom by sitting on a hard toilet seat.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with this. However, at the same time I’m putting unnecessary strain on my knees.

I’ll use a squat toilet, but only if it has the railings on the wall to help me pull my old ass back upright :older_man:

Pass.
Unlike my esteemed colleague @the_bear, I do not shit in the woods, nor into a hole in the floor.

I like squatties because I have no choice but to assume the same position either way. So when I need to go small number in a dingy place, I can manage it without any part of my body making contact with anything.

1 Like

Good point. They are more hygienic.

My problem is I find them uncomfortable and I can’t update the flob when I’m using one. Some of my most erudite posts are made on the crapper.

How can you even walk?