Poll: Return of the Poll - Can you do the “Asian squat”?

You haven’t lived till you’ve had a nice shit in the woods.

True story, my best shit ever was in the Red Fort in Old Delhi. Caught short with the actual Delhi belly whilst wandering what is a huge complex I found an unattended courtyard and did what had to be done. :bear::paw_prints::poop:

1 Like

What made it your best shit ever?

I can’t help remembering this scene :grinning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOxCwrcTP1E

2 Likes

I couldn’t for a while. And even when I could I had to relearn to walk normally with physical therapy.

1 Like

I will just leave this here

1 Like

The sense of history, the general atmos.

Serenity.

Hope your broken ankles heal soon!

That was a few years ago. But it really wrecked my body for a long time. I don’t think I’m even fully recovered back 100% still. It’s tough because I’m pretty heavy and tall so the knees and ankles take a lot of the beating.

Easy.

Makes you look like a ‘caveman’!

Nobody can even see you doing your business in a private bathroom stall.

Besides that, shitting in any position in a public place would make you look pretty primitive. Ikea, anyone? Perhaps Home Depot?

I’m not talking about the ‘toilet’ squat. I’m talking about the ‘street’ squat, from washing dishes, cutting vegetables on the sidewalk, having conversations … in squat position.

Oh yeah, in the street it looks pretty silly.

Although I have to say, it’s a pretty good way to take a little break from standing if there’s no place to sit or you don’t want to get the seat of your pants dirty. Or if you’re just hanging out having some beers and a smoke with your przyjaciel.

Doesn’t work for me!

We should photoshop a ‘dump’ under his ass.

Everyone voted?

Most people I ask, yes mostly foreigners, can not even consider doing it.

Many can’t even pick up a dropped phone from the floor without bending straight over or making some odd move like pushing everyone away and holding on to something. And I’m not talking about old people.

I can’t really imagine being unable to do this.

3 Likes

I would guess most native born American adults (still living in America and eating the standard American diet) cannot physically do this due to lack of mobility/conditioning and rampant levels of obesity.

I had to practice to be able to do this and I can’t stay there for too long. I find it’s a useful position for interacting with small children or gardening.

I used to think I could. But it was still not restful at all–more effort than standing–so I assume I was doing it wrong.

Due to my mighty slav powers I have always been able to do it.

1 Like