If the China invaded, would you fight to defend the Taiwan from Chinese rule?
- I’m an ROC citizen and would get drafted
- I’m an ROC citizen but I plan to get the hell out
- I’m not an ROC citizen but I would volunteer if possible
- I’m not an ROC and I plan to get the hell out
- I will round up dissidents for the PRC
- It’s not worth fighting over, Hong Kong is doing OK, I’ll stay here.
For the Non Taiwanese citizens I’m assuming that there would be some sort of International Brigade, like in the Spanish Civil War and you had a choice whether to join up or fly off to a new job somewhere safe.
Taiwanese citizens have a choice too in a sense, you could take a job in the US or even China to avoid it if you kept up with current events and knew it was coming.
I’m thinking of the the scenario I thought of here,
A KMT administration gets into a war with Japan, allied with the PRC and then the PRC tries to grab Taiwan. Though it is of course possible that a war might start because a DPP administration declares indepedences and is disavowed by the US.
Either way, PLA troops arrive and the Taiwan military decides to fight. What are you gonna do?
Edit: Got rid of the ROC faggotry.