Pollen Allergies in Taiwan

Original Title: Spring, cute bunnies, butterflies, and EVIL ALLERGIES!

Spring is in the air, the flowers are blooming, the leaves are growing back on the trees, the cute little butterflies are awakening from their winter sleep, the little bunnies are playing in fields

I recommend Kenalog or Depomedrone. Why muck about? 80mg (or even 40) of intramuscular Kenalog and it’s bye bye hay fever. It’ll do you about three months. Don’t listen to all the scare mongers. When they tell you “Like it’s really dangerous man to take steroids” what they are referring to is people who take hundreds of mg a day for post-transplant anti-rejection reasons. Doctors happily prescribe steroids for asthma for life but some also want you to believe that one injection a year of Kenalog is somehow “dangerous”. I used to take it in the UK for my hay fever (which oddly I don’t get here - maybe because there is no greenery in Taipei!) and it works a treat. Nothing else worked. I would advise you see a doctor though. It should be available on the Jian Bao here. It is a very widely used drug.

[quote=“derek1978”]Spring is in the air, the flowers are blooming, the leaves are growing back on the trees, the cute little butterflies are awakening from their winter sleep, the little bunnies are playing in fields

Yes, I totally misread your post. I thought you were in Taiwan. If you’re in the US now, I would wait until you get here before worrying.

I have bad hay fever in the US in the spring and autumn, but in Taiwan I don’t have the same reaction that I did at home. However, I do have a severe allergy to dust mites, which means I must be extra diligent here with cleaning and making sure I vacuum my mattress very regularly, keeping the air filter running, etc. because my reaction to the mites is tenfold what it ever was back at home.

I and my Taiwanese gf both had a lot of trouble through the winter months but now that spring is here are both fine. I used to suffer hay fever in the UK but have not had trouble for the last 5-6 years (in Asia) until coming to Taipei…but then it was winter time…seems weird.

I had bad alergies in Canada and I have bad alergies here.

My alergies in Canada were to pollen, ragweed, trees etc. My alergies have recently gotten worse. It gets bad when the weather warms up and the flowers open. Stock up before you come. I wish I had some good western antihistamines.

Does anyone know a website where you can view the daily pollen count in Taipei? I’ve had a terrible sore throat and itchy eyes since last night but I don’t know if it’s because of the pollen or I am getting a cold.