Polling on same sex marriage referendum

Fiery tempers those Redheads, I think they should be allowed to marry, providing they pass a Temper test. but wait. what happens if Redheads shave? OMG the confusion , perhaps we could have another descriptor?
My point was that “I” do not look at any individual who may be gay as a big deal. It is unfair to gays to be discriminated against . I would qualify that by saying that it takes time to change perceptions, and you have completely presented an idea to some , that runs against all they believe in ( right or wrong)… again , I do not personally think there is a case , but I do think that they have a right to oppose if they wish/
In my lifetime , just being Gay, was a criminal offense ! So I am pleased to see a huge change in perceptions, and yes , further to go , but don’t demonize all opposition…
What happens if they were right? eek …God will punish most of the world for so much .
Now I am worried

1 Like

I heard a story the other day where a 30ish gal married a guy she knew was absolutely gay in order to shut up her parents. His reason was undoubtedly the same. They made an arrangement to look the other way on the extra-marital stuff. That aint healthy. Just one of many stories I hear of women becoming “beards” and rotting on the vine. Sad.

I agree with your, but we all have issues we get fired up about. Human rights is mine.

They can call me dumb as well. Butt .following scientific fact and laws that are laid out should be protocol, not religious conspiracy theories making their way onto the political platform. Scary.

I care little about .the gay thing as well, but care a great deal in how my home treats human rights and law.

That said I don’t call people dumb to their face, I do what any internet pansy does, do it to friends when ranting about something. We have many .a debate around.d.the campfire this year with some hardcore people. Politicians.s, monks, Christian far right, its all civil thought passionate. I always encourage it, but we still call people assholes sometimes. When the shoe fits.

Dude.stop hitting.the.fucking.period.key. Doing my head in innit?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Has anybody else seen this on TV?

YIKES!
This plays on TV all the time now.
https://youtu.be/kVl_Rxg9acI

Children should be educated to respect other people’s lifestyle/decision/gender identity. However many of the materials being elaborated for little kids regarding homosexuality is asking for kids to embrace this lifestyle. I didn’t say all materials, but many if not the not most. In Brazil they had the material of two little kids French kids in the gay friendly material for 2nd-6th graders. I am all for respect but against inducing any child behavior. Let them decide. Should not índice man-women explicit materials nor gay meterials. The most should be reproduction eduction, only.

Edit: French kissing in a movie to be played in all classrooms one a week.

1 Like

This ad is very odd. I don’t think gay marriage mentioned in passing is actually going to inspire kids to get gay married later in their lives. Unless, of course, they really are gay. And parents have a lot of power when it comes to influencing their kids, so if they really want to quash it they could just try to “unteach” whatever the teacher told them.

Besides, kids go through a lot of strange phases as they come to understand the concept of marriage. I mean, if you had asked me about marriage when I was a little girl, I would’ve said when I grew up I was gonna marry my best friend Jennifer.

2 Likes

I watched that ad and I thought, cool, teaching gay marriage in school. And then realized it was anti gay marriage. I would have zero concerns if my kid came home from school with that picture. They’re just confusing the issues. It’s like saying if you support access rights for disabled persons you risk catching “disabledness”.

4 Likes

Kids are certainly impressionable. But they’re not THAT impressionable.

PS: should someone write up an English transcript for the less Chinese-savvy among Forumosa users? Might give this thread a little more juice if everyone knew what’s being said.

1 Like

Don’t give anyone any ideas…some people out there already think you can catch autism from vaccines.

[quote=“hanna149, post:3, topic:174190”]
kids, so if they really want to quash it they could just try to “unteach” whatever the teacher told them.
[/
That Would work in some other countries, not in Taiwan when your kids coke home after 15-16 hours studying out of home and they are exhausted and ready to sleep. You only have the weekends and depending on the age the kids are so mentally exhausted they can’t think much.

Again, I would have no trouble seeing a gay couple kissing in a park and they my child to respect and that’s their choice and people can choose whatever they want. But there is no need to teach it at school, either hetero or gay marriage and such. Teaching respect is fine.

I don’t like the idea of kids being taught they have to marry to accomplish their main goal at life or whatever ( talking man woman marriage here). That’s not up to the school. In other countries where kids spend 5 hours in class the parents still have some presence in their lives. If we wanted the government to teach all morality to our kids why have kids at all?

1 Like

cough cough yes, someone should…haha :grinning:

I thought the same thing at first.

It’s like they didn’t think through the TV spot very well. Are parents and teacher susposed to say theres something wrong with being gay and that there’s something wrong with you for having feeling for the same sex? Then what? Off to Taiwanese heterosexual bootcamp?

It’s fucking insane to think that being gay is something you can imprint on kids. Your born that way or your not. These idiots can’t seriously think if they just don’t talk to kids about homosexuality then nobody in Taiwan will “turn” gay in Taiwan?

I could suck 100 dicks and by the 99th one I still wouldn’t like it.

It’s a sad state of affairs when I see dumb shit like this on TV. Let’s clean up the fucking air quality, not worry about what to do when xiao lee has two 爸爸’s

my best effort

daughter: “Mom, look, today the teacher complimented my drawing.”
mom: “Let me see what you drew.”
daughter: “The teacher said men can marry other men. So when I grow up, I’m going to marry a woman!”
mom: the horror, the horror

nerdy dude: “Do you think this couldn’t possibly happen? Once the definition of marriage has been changed, you can only accept your child being educated this way. You have NO AUTHORITY to reject it.”

“For the Taiwan Family referendum, mark ‘yes’ on three things: number 10 (marriage can only be between a man and a woman), number 11 (in primary school, children should not receive education about homosexuality), and number 12 (outside of marriage, the rights for homosexual couples to live together are protected)”

1 Like

sadly, religious organizations usually have a lot more money than equal rights organizations…

Ah yes, but that 100th one might just be the one. You be like “hot damn I do believe I’m getting a taste for dis”.

1 Like

Haha, sorry. I use an ASUS phone. I can’t type the letters n or u in vertical mode, need to flip to horizontal for those letters. Auto select works 20% of the time. Periods appear after about a third of all words. I delete some buoy eventually give up as this is painfully annoying to type. So as long as words are more or less accurate, screw periods and sometimes dashes, sorry I advance :slight_smile:

Edit. Shiadoa. Your second post I much agree with.

“In my lifetime , just being Gay, was a criminal offense ! So I am pleased to see a huge change in perceptions, and yes , further to go , but don’t demonize all opposition”

Exactly. The point is though that the progress made wasn’t done by being silent. Freedom is often only granted when people go out and make a point of getting it. I’m not going to enable the religious extreme in Taiwan when they spew their bit. Seafood got an earful, but only once his transportation choice became too expensive. And with the China leaning Buddhist extremists, their cost to the majority has far over exceeded for a fairly long time already…

I feel like this polling is bad data because it’s not anonymous.

How important can those be anyway?