Polls for the 2020 Taiwanese Presidential Election?

Soong was at that game too?

A video like this released few days before the election is definitely going to leave the mark. Even if Iā€™m not a fan of strumentalizing so much all the misfortunes of the people of HK.

3 Likes

Damn!
This have to cause some impact!

Every now and then she reminds me she comes from a long line of head-hunters.

Big head or little head? :thinking:

Yay! Embeds work!Ā°

4 Likes

I think it will have the opposite effect. That familyā€™s life in Taiwan is depressing.

Who wants their children playing video games and fighting on the internet all day?
Who wants to work hard for little and take the last train home every day?

It makes me want to vote Han and I hate him.
Soong is actually the best choice IMO, but that would be a wasted vote.

Who says the children had been playing video gains all day and who says that was the last train?

Well with such laughable logic no wonder you would want to vote for Han. Lol

5 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with video games?

I think the point of the video flew past you.

1 Like

The point was fearmongering. That was easy to identify.

Thereā€™s literally a country 160 km across the strait that has made it no secret that it would want nothing more than to end Taiwanā€™s democracy and self determination.

They have shown that they cannot stand it if anyone disagrees with them. Have forced the end of free speech in western countries by threatening jobs of people who donā€™t toe the party line.

That isnā€™t fearmongering. This is a real and credible threat.

7 Likes

Can you vote?

And if China really wanted Taiwan, they would just take it. 2000+ missiles and a few EMPs towards the island is indefensible.

You think any of Taiwanā€™s parties are going to hand Taiwan over to China? Not happening. As long as the status quo is maintained and the term ā€œIndependenceā€ isnā€™t mentioned weā€™ll be fine. Taiwan isnā€™t worth the international trade repercussions China would face after taking the island by force.

Does it matter?

Your argument in a nutshell is: China can take Taiwan if it wants anyways and to support my claim, I am going to describe how it canā€™t take Taiwan.

Funniest thing Iā€™ve read all day.

5 Likes

No. China would still be OK despite sanctions, and the sanctions probably wouldnā€™t stick long, either.

Taiwan just isnā€™t worth the trouble now that their are alternative shipping lanes, and they can use the issue to spark domestic support.

I think the argument is that China can take Taiwan now, but it isnā€™t worth the trouble. If Taiwan declares independence, it becomes worth the trouble.

1 Like

Youā€™re pretending like China doesnā€™t trade and export to Taiwan. Itā€™s not just sanctions, but theyā€™re shooting a major customer of Chinese products as well.

A dead Taiwan can have enormous impacts on global trade, supply of IT equipment and can even directly cause the Chinese economy to shrink. An economy that goes from 6% growth to contracting is likely to spell the end of the Communist Party. They want Taiwan to be handed to them for free.

They canā€™t take Taiwan. Taking Taiwan is a suicide mission.

3 Likes

FB friend of mine says there are tons of Taiwanese at the Boston airport flying home to vote. Good news for Tsai.

2 Likes

Weather looks like itā€™ll be okay tomorrow. I imagine thatā€™ll bode well for voter turnout.

1 Like

27 degrees in Taipei