Pollution in the winter in Kaohsiung?

I don’t really go by what the pollution indexes say or read , I can feel it when it’s bad. My nose runs or gets blocked up, my eyes go red and water and my skin itches. It also links with a rise in my blood pressure. I didn’t think blood pressure was related to air quality but my doctor and another says it can be, apparently it can affect diabetics too, not the foggiest how though.
Wearing a mask when riding a scooter helps, keep your visor down too. Washing the hands frequently and getting an air purifier help. Get one of those carbon filter masks , it will say on the mask packet what it filters, they can be different. I also have glasses which have a built in UV filter. Glasses help on a windy sunny day.
:mask:

1 Like

Where?

Everywhere.

What is this propaganda

2 Likes

Open your eyes

Says Gain looking at Big Ben eating fish n chips.

1 Like

I have lived in KHH for more than 10 years and I got sick there (lung infecting, constant coughing). No idea if KHH is to blame for that, but after moving to Taichung my health situation greatly improved.
I have heard local Taichung people constantly complaining about Taichung’s city air pollution (due to this very large powerplant at the seaside), yet for me this is a major jump in life quality (compare to KHH-city).
Just my 2 cents …

Interesting to hear your perspective on the move to Taichung. How long have you been there ?

I’m reporting in from Kaohsiung it’s a bit Graysiung right now. It’s good to be in the ‘real’ Taiwan though. :grin:

20191025_094108

Shut up I already left

Almost 1 year …
But I am living at the East side of the city (Beitun/TaipingShan)

Oh yeah that’s a nice part .

I see no pollution in this picture.

Kaohsiung, winter?:thinking:

Just some myth the locals talk about

Squint more.
I’m outside Kaohsiung now and the weather has been really good today. Having a great time at taxpayers expense with all these coupons they are giving us ( discounted hotel stay, train tickets , night market coupons ). .Recommend everybody take advantage of the government spending our taxes. Note need to provide Taiwan IDs to avail. Can use kids IDs too, grandma, grandpa doesn’t matter.

Btw Big Ben is still under restoration.

They’re fixing the damage caused by the pollution.:dash:

I mean your friend big Ben :joy:

Is he under restoration too?

1 Like

Kaohsiung is terrible as far as any kind of contamination goes. But just cause its worse there doesnt make Taichung clean. Seemingly only the companies and government monkeys (and gain) tend to think it is ok.

Short answer: yes this is your 6 months out of the year. Make long term plans for a healthier life elsewhere.