Pondering at the meaning of life

The only person taking this seriously is Anton, who incidentally started the entire thread. :smiley:

So I have a question for you Anton: Are you talking about shenghuo(

Of course life translates to

[quote=ā€œantonxieā€]Of course life translates to

Good doggy,

you really understand the imperative.
Letā€™s start with lesson 2.

ax

Nice one. :smiley: Woof, Woof!

Maybe knowing that you can choose your meaning is the answer.

I have often said, in lighthearted moments, that all a man needs to be happy is:

A good meal.
Some beer.
A lovely girlfriend.

Sounds like youā€™re pretty close to the mark there. We are disgusting creatures, arenā€™t we?

Who are you calling we? Iā€™m not one of your kind.

ET Home! Phone!

EaTx

Who are you calling we? Iā€™m not one of your kind.

ET Home! Phone!

EaTx[/quote]

And thank God for that. :slight_smile:

Well, existentialism is certainly an option. The problem is that there are ā€œno athiests in the foxholeā€ and apparently this applies to existentialists as well. Sartre lost interest in existentialism in later life and Walker Percy left a version of it for Catholisim in his later years. I guess when you are younger, the idea of creating your own meaning sounds cool, but as you get older, it loses some of its attraction.

I wasnā€™t sure what existentialism meant so I had to look it up. I didnā€™t quite mean that. I meant that a person gets to ā€œchooseā€ his/her own meaning. Existentialisn would be one of the many choices out there (buddism, islamicism :? , daosim, christianity, etc.). I guess choosing to create a new and unheard of meaning is an option too.

I didnā€™t really read through this but it seemed intreasting enough to post [CLICK HERE]

Or if you really wanted to be cynical, you could choose Wolframism, which should become a substantial movement within a few years.