Pop Up Candy Shop from Abroad

Hello! I am a former teacher who, thanks to COVID, is now exploring a new career:
confectionary work!

I am interested in doing a short term pop up shop in Taiwan featuring some of the candy that I can make. I lived in Taipei for 11 months between 2017 and 2018. I really feel like the caramels, chocolates, and other candies I can make would be quite successful. I know that my bosses can’t handle anymore work, and since I’m also the manager, I’m reaching out myself to see what the first steps would be.

About me:
I am from Washington State, USA where I was a public Art Teacher. I also taught English for a year at Dongxin Elelmentary School in Taipei.

Since I was 16 (the legal age to have a job where I live) I have been working at a local-to-me candy store called The C Shop, during my summers between school and teaching. I started making candy over 5 years ago, and when the pandemic hit, I was lucky that my candy work survived when my teaching work didn’t. I have developed a lot of skill in confectionary arts, and I love sharing what I make with others.

If you use Instagram, you can see what we make @thecshopbirchbay

Thanks!

1 Like