POPEYES Is Coming!

It’d be bad for my health if they offer spicy chicken sandwich without adjusting anything and/or offer some decent sauces that doesn’t come out of a Heinz or Helmann’s.

Chick-fil-a is good shit!

1 Like

:smile:

Probably the best one. Church’s is also good, but it’s usually in rough neighborhoods in which you have to get your food through a bulletproof window.

To be honest, I prefer Korean style fried chicken over American style any day though.

2 Likes

Nasty. Popeyes is just ghetto KFC.

1 Like

Are you kidding? It’s the other way around. KFC is disgusting. Popeyes at least has great sides.

I’d stay away from the chicken in both places though.

2 Likes

Wow.i never even order chicken when I go to Popeyes. It’s all about the sides for me. The red beans and rice is fantastic. I hope they don’t f that up.
While i like Popeyes, I’d rather keep LBC,. I’m still mad about that

1 Like

Popeyes in the US is way better than KFC in the US. I don’t anticipate going to Popeye’s here in Taiwan, but I guess having the option is better than not having it.

Those of you saying their biscuits will save them…
yeah, keep dreaming.
KFC had buscuits in Taiwan a couple decades ago. Where are they now? Like everything else good on a menu…dropped in favor of local taste.

2 Likes

Because Taiwanese don’t eat biscuits. So why would anyone carry items that local won’t eat? I mean fact is they have to localize the menu or close up. Unless they’re McDonalds and can have everyone wanting big macs (it’s really the only menu item that is consistently offered at every McDonalds since it’s almost like coca cola).

Coleslaw

Hope they have it. I expect not.

And mashed potatoes

5 Likes

Blandy-bland-bland. Relatively decent quality for fast food, but tasteless. Even their fries manage to be flavorless.

Popeyes is way better than KFC. actually had some flavor.

I am more of an optimist regarding this – a lot of things change in a couple of decades, taste being one of them.

Chik-Fil-a has amazing waffle fries, did you just go to a bad location? Fresh and with that addictive orange (Chick-Fil-A?) sauce, easy 10/10

Forget it. Taiwanese don’t like mashed potatoes. Even KFC no longer serves it here.

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up on the biscuits. Taiwanese find it very dry. They’ll choke on it.

Perhaps. Really looking forward to see how they are going to spin the menu. I just hope they don’t ruin it like they did KFC. I don’t know how they bungled KFC so hard tbh. It’s not like it is just because of my “western palette” or whatever either. My Taiwanese friends and wife who have been to the US like the US version of KFC better. Not the ambiance :sweat_smile:, but the taste.

1 Like

Texas Rangers in Qsquare sells mash with their chicken.

5 Likes

This dry / wet distinction reminds of this phrase, adapted here for our local context: You can take the folks out of Fujian, but you can’t take the Fujian out of the folks.

Guy

1 Like

Is their chicken good?

Guy

I like it. I don’t feel it is a particularly adulterated fried chicken. Tastes fairly western.

2 Likes