Popular Chinese language forums, chat rooms

My wife sometimes browses through the archives of this site with Dr. Eye, picking up a few colorful words and phrases she can use against me. She reckons you lot are a bunch of sickos by the way!

Anyway, I thought I could do a similar thing on a Chinese language forum. Question is which ones are good? Is there anything with a nice mixture of serious and light stuff for non-teens? I’d prefer to go to a forum but I can check out some chat rooms as well.

Thanks as always. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Spack”]She reckons you lot are a bunch of sickos by the way!

8-)[/quote]

Has she been reading your posts? :wink: Just kidding! :smiley:

Just don’t tell her who I am, that is unless she already knows. :shock: :blush:

Taipei life - nah, that’s not so active is it
ummmm…
Hong kong forums.hongkong.com/channels/index.php
Try a search through this lot google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& … gle+Search
Here’s another good list excite.co.uk/directory/World … 0%E7%81%A3

or this
taiwanun.com/taiwanbbs.htm

a few simple searches in any search engine with the right key words will turn up a lot more than this I am sure. My search was very general but I am sure that if you had a specific topic and used Chinese to search you will find what you are looking for.

Cheers

I think the most popular general forum is the Taida BBS. It’s an old-school BBS though, so is all command based, not webpage based. It has about 70 different forums and countless users and messages. My wife used to use this a lot. Not sure of the address (although I know you can find it off the Yahoo Taiwan front page), but I could find it if anyone’s interested.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]I think the most popular general forum is the Tai-Da BBS. It’s an old-school BBS though, so is all command based, not webpage based. It has about 70 different forums and countless users and messages. My wife used to use this a lot. Not sure of the address (although I know you can find it off the Yahoo Taiwan front page), but I could find it if anyone’s interested.

Brian[/quote]

TaiDa BBS: telnet:://bbs.ntu.edu.tw

But it’s old and useless.

Try another TaiDa BBS

telnet://ptt.cc

KKCITY is famous too

telnet://bbs.kkcity.com.tw

For me, I like to read newsgroup. You can use outlook express or google to read it.

Try tw.bbs.XXXXXX