Post here your musical creations

Yeah, so… as the title says. If you make music, no matter its musicality… and you want, share it here.

You first OP

I could, but then you guys would probably flee from this thread…

I think there’s only us two…maybe the cow is lurking somewhere

Alright. I am not a musician, I can’t really play any instrument and I haven’t ever recorded anything really worth listening, but like a month ago I spend a bunch of hours recording many takes of some guitars and bass lines and shit and putting together something that is similar to a song in terms of structure and other qualities.

BUT I’m too shy to post it now.

@tempogain, can’t we upload videos, same as we can upload pictures?

Nope. Just images.

Put it on Youtube or Daily Motion, and then share it here. Hosting videos takes a lot of bandwidth.

2 Likes

Best I can do

Alright, alright. Maybe I didn’t make it clear… I want you guys to post YOUR stuff, not funny videos of British monkeys, unless you are one. I can be anything, from an audio clip of some sketch, melody, riff… to a full song edited like a pro. I can be original material or some version, but of course the more original the better.

I will break the ice with a simple and original composition, all mine, created with this musician brain that God could only create once:

(disclaimer: rotten potato quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOy9bvvvrSw

1 Like

Come on guys… share your material!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZMc9xrehxA

1 Like

Holy shit that rules

OK, so something weird that I made with MIDI came to my mind and looking for it I found a few of the “songs” I made long time ago. Back in the day I had a nice sound card so these “songs” sounded less shittier than now that I can only use the stupid Windows General Midi, which sounds like shit indeed.

I have installed a few VSTi’s in my laptop and “restored” one of my jazzy creations. I wrote it when I was rediscovering one of my first jazz albums, a live recording of George Coleman and Tete Montoliu. Yeah, it’s not the same, but…

One of the songs of the album I said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwNCGMKk9yI

2 Likes

I guess that I can post also this:

A few months ago I wanted to learn (this time for good) guitar. So I thought… why don’t I record some riff? I had material for half song… so this song is half decent… at most :smiley:

Drums are programmed. Two rythm guitars, plenty of crappy “solos” (most of them doubled), and bass guitar are actual instruments.

I kind of like and hate it at the same time. I loved doing the bass though.

4 Likes

Nice…very shoegaze. The drums get a bit silly though.

Haha, well, it’s the first and last “song” I record. Soon after starting to play again… I stopped. No time, too tired, too lazy, too busy, too stupid.

I like the drums, really, but the sound is not good. Also at the beginning I wanted to do something more like stonner rock and at some point something I played reminded me of Opeth… so I switched the style to something darker, between a simple Opeth and a slow Slayer.

And this is the weird thing that came to my mind the other day:

The mix is not really what it originally was, but whatever.

If Forumosa’s musical creativity is going to have only this representation then I’m sorry for the image damage :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t touched my guitar in many months (that’s one reason why I will never learn to play!), but these last days I felt like to toy with it a bit… this is just a sketch (that I will probably never convert into a song), and it’s terribly bad played at times, but it has something (probably a bass base that I unintentionally borrowed from somewhere else):

Here is some old shit of mine. I play all parts (letting the computer do the heavy lifting).

Btw, I’m looking for a keyboard player and drummer in Taoyuan.

Here y’are.