I wouldn’t go through the hassle but maybe someone here who already is on contract with another telco and wants to switch to Circles can give feedback.
How do you guys pay your post-paid sim contract? Is it possible via a debit card or a local bank account? Or is a local credit card necessary?
Trying to get the 599$ unlimited contract for 12 months (台灣大哥大網路門市限定|4G精選專案-台灣大哥大myfone 網路門市) but obviously the form doesn’t let a foreigner order online.
I contacted the english support. Spoke with a lady who said it’s not possible. I asked for the supervisor to call back.
He also said it’s only possible to order it online. I told him I WOULD order it online, but it’s technically impossible. I told him I would be happy to go to the store (even with a taiwanese guarantor) to close the 12 months deal there. Apparently not possible, only 24 months.
I also told him it seems like foreign citizen get discriminated since they cannot use the online shop. As far as I remember I saw someone here in the forums said it is possible, they will send some form to a physical store and then you will be able to apply for the 12 months contract there. He asked me for my friends number, when I told him that (lol).
He wants to ask around again and will call me back. Any way to get that settled? ![]()
Do you have a spouse? Can let them make the (online) contract and transfer it to you in the shop afterwards.
Why are you legitimising this?
Not married, so I guess it won’t work?
He didn’t mention it, I just mentioned it in case this was his problem. I do not really. I wouldn’t pay a deposit though.
I wouldn’t mention it at all. If we want to be free from discrimination, we need to act like the discrimination doesn’t exist.
I had a similar situation before. Taiwan Mobile would not budge with the 1 yr contract option and kept saying it is for Taiwanese only. They want foreigners to go to the store where they can squeeze you for a two year contract. They know what they are doing as it isn’t the first time foreigners complained about this. I went elsewhere out of spite.
You can contact the NCC (government agency) and complain but they weren’t helpful when I called. However the more people bitch to them they might become helpful finally.
unlikely, NCC doesn’t give 2 shits
They don’t but the idea is to keep harassing them. Government agencies are complacent to just keep ignoring foreigner complaints at this point.