Post your estimated mileage here!

Yes, I know that it depends so much on the riding style and the road were you are… but… what stops you from adding these information here?

So please, if you have any grasp on how many km you do per liter with your ride, put it here :slight_smile:

Other data such model and year and mods could be great.

Thanks!

According to the odometer, 18.33 km/L average over the last 8 fills, excluding an outlier at 28.72km/L (freeway run to Kenting but still too good to be true.)

30/70 Urban/Meta-urban (You don’t get “rural” unless you go into the mountains, which I havn’t, much.)

1986 Daihatsu Skywing, modifed by accidentally breaking the choke, and throwing the interior trim, carpets, tools and back seat out.

EDIT:

Because trying to understand the carb gave me a headache, I address the broken choke problem by injecting butane into the air intake. I only use that for starting, so it shouldn’t have much influence on the fuel consumption.

Using it while running would be a way of obtaining falsely low fuel consumption figures, as discussed recently.

ENDEDIT

I have a CPI 250sm year 2010, i do about 22 Km/Litre

I have a 20 year old Subaru. It will do 1 Km per litre,sadly the litre costs 9 USD. Total cost of running per KM…if maintained per schedule is around 60USD…ouch!. I do not use it much :slight_smile:

It’s rather difficult to say as I use different cars.
My present favorite daily runabout is a 19 year old Toyota Corolla which is amazing. I’m not too certain about KPL but I estimate it’s around 12.

Nitromethane?

Nitromethane?[/quote]
Just a fairly potent mix of 102 Octane race fuel from VP racing. As usual with Taiwan ,it’s twice the price of anywhere else !
You will have to come and look at the old bus Ducked…lots of Engineering technology to please you !

1994 RX-7 slightly modded to about 350 HP: 7-8 km/L
2004 BMW Z4 3.0L, stock 235 HP: 10.5 in sport mode, 9.5 in “economy” mode
1981 600cc Ducati Pantah 65-67 HP: 9 km/L with Dellorto pumper 24 mm carbs (that’s the same as a 3 l straight six?)

My 1987 Telstar 1.8T in Taiwan only got about 9 km/ liter because it was a THREE SPEED automatic.

My current car, a 2003 Acura RSX gets an average of 30 miles per gallon (you have to do some math). With about 50/50 city/freeway driving.

Its a five speed stick.

My previous car , a 2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro, was a five speed automatic and i got on average about 21.5 miles per gallon (50/50 city/freeway driving).

The one before that , a 2000 Ford Contour (Ford Mondeo) 2.5 V6 24v, with 4 speed automatic got on average 17 miles per gallon in San Francisco (all those hills) and about 20 miles per gallon on flat ground.

Nitromethane?[/quote]
Just a fairly potent mix of 102 Octane race fuel from VP racing. As usual with Taiwan ,it’s twice the price of anywhere else !
You will have to come and look at the old bus Ducked…lots of Engineering technology to please you ![/quote]

I’m not always that keen on technology. I find it breaks.

When I was in IT I used to disable all the “new improved” operating system features of incoming kit before installing them on networks I was responsible for. Pissed people off, but improved performance.

Yamaha SR 150 (not sure what year it is, but it certainly isn’t new) - 25.5km/l That’s everyday, town driving. I suspect it would do even better on the open road.

I’d expect a SYM Wolf to beat that, because I’d guess its lighter, but maybe Wolf owners don’t bother to monitor the fuel consumption.

Mr S?

I’d expect a SYM Wolf to beat that, because I’d guess its lighter, but maybe Wolf owners don’t bother to monitor the fuel consumption.

Mr S?[/quote]

I do care, and I remember when I was using my Wolf more frequently I believed that the relation was something like 1nt = 1km. Anyway, these days I have to use it again and in a two more days or so I will post it here… although I feel like the Wolf is not at its best…

Mr S?[/quote]

I do care, and I remember when I was using my Wolf more frequently I believed that the relation was something like 1nt = 1km. Anyway, these days I have to use it again and in a two more days or so I will post it here… although I feel like the Wolf is not at its best…[/quote]

My Hartford 150 was almost exactly 1nt = 1 km but prices have gone up a little. Outside of town mileage would increase by almost 50%. I don’t track my mileage anymore since it usually takes over a month to use a tank of fuel. I walk to work and I have a car for longer trips.

Sym Wolf 125cc, year 1998. Good tyres and I’m not totally sure, but I’d say that the gear ration has been tweaked a bit, because this bike runs faster that what it should… :smiley:

110 km, 3.3 liters : 33,3333333333333 km/l

Riding conditions:

2/3 commuting, 1/3 riding in linkou mountains. Full throttle most of the time :smiley:. I’m sure that I could get something like 40km/h easily

EDIT: aftermarket muffler pipe which brings me more or less 300 extra hp, or even more.

06’ Infinity FX35

If I don’t drive out to any golf courses and I drive the entire tank in the city, it’s about 18 liters / 100 km

If I play golf a few times and it’s mostly highway driving I can nearly cut that in half, around 10 liters / 100 km

1999 Toyota Primio 1.6L 13km per litre

2004 Toyota Tundra Dual cab 4.7liter V8 4.5km per litre city and around 6.5 highway (imagine the sound of a toilet flushing every time you hit the gas)

1990 Yamaha RZR (yes llary it’s still alive, kicking and on the same piston) about 21km per liter.

Inherited from my daughter 1999 (flaming pink) 50cc two stroke scooter…Who the hell knows, I’m too embarrassed to ride it :blush:

Update: I’m not sure if I’m missing something, but now I have done 50.78 kmpl xDDDDDDDD

I dunno what “xDDDDDDDD” means. 50.78 km/L sounds a bit unlikely, but the Honda CB125 (essentially a Wolf) is reportedly capable of 100mp (UK) gallon, which is about 35 km/L. I dunno if the 100mpg is an average from mixed driving, or a maximum economy cruise. If its the former its quite believable that an optimal cruise would be in the 50’s

Of course, my best mileage, and perhaps my average, also sound implausible. As well as clerical error and fill inconsistencies at non self-service petrol pumps (which might explain occaisional outliers) an innaccurate odometer could introduce a systematic bias. I should get around to checking mine, I suppose.

I dunno what “xDDDDDDDD” means. .[/quote]
It is the “hip” way to say" :smiley: on the Interweb in Taiwan…apparently :smiley: The “D” looks like a smile on a Face.