Posting Forumosafieds with Firefox

I just tried to post an AD and it wouldn’t post. Nothing happened which I clicked SUBMIT AD.

In the end I had to use IE!

Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed soon?

[quote=“Rik”]I just tried to post an AD and it wouldn’t post. Nothing happened which I clicked SUBMIT AD.

In the end I had to use IE!

Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed soon?[/quote]
No, this isn’t a known issue - thank you for bringing it up.

I use FF when I am not using my work computer - indeed, the Forumosafieds were built primarily when I was using FF - so I would like to know more about what happened to you.

We can browse through www.deltascripts.com - the original developer of pgpclassifieds - but in the meantime, please try to recall particular details about what happened to you that time

Were your cookie settings normal? What versions are you using?

Hopefully, others who have encountered the same difficulties that you have will bring up their own experiences

Thanks again for raising the issue

I just had the same problem. Nothing happened, that’s the problem - filled everything out, clicked submit, nothing happened.

I tried posting animals in the Pet Adoption forum and it didn’t work. I got this message.

I clicked on the “recharge your account” link and it prompted me for a credit card number.

I know I was in the right category, because it said this. [quote]
Pet Adoption Cost (in credits) of ads in this category: 0
Your credit balance:[/quote]

Does it cost or is this a system bug?

Thanks in advance,

bobepine

Same here. However I did notice the following comment (at the top of the submit page…)

Clicking on the link takes me to a page that requires me to enter credit card details, even though it is clearly stated that …

[quote]Order page
DURING OUR BETA, ALL ADS ARE FREE

One Ad Credit entitles you to place one (1) Teaching Classified Ad - each Credit costs US$ 50
Please select one of the credit card providers below, then choose how many credits you want:…[/quote]

If the Forumosafieds are still in the Beta stage, why am I being asked for my credit card details… Also, note that I was trying to post an ad in the jobs->other category which is, apparently, free anyway… :s :s :s

me too… I just gave up…

Me too, and this is my second post about this in the Feedback forum. I posted my problem before this thread was even started in the following thread: [Formosafieds don't work I can’t post in the pet adoption forum. It says I have to pay. Should I try with IE instead of Firefox?

bobepine

Edit: Sorry, this thread was already started when I posted my first complaint. So I posted in the wrong thread the first time. :blush:

bobepine at al,

I don’t think the problem has anything to do with which browser you are using. :eh:

I guess we’ll just have to wait until, perhaps, the system is fixed… :wink:

Thanks Roach.

I’m thinking maybe I’ll wait to hear what the boss has to say about this and maybe I can post a temporary thread in the Pet forum for the time being. Perhaps the mods can kindly flush it once the pet adoption forum is up and running.

bobepine