Postponement of Payday

If you’re gonna pay me on the 25th, it better be for this month’s work.

I’ve heard of it happening to English teachers. Not all of them stuck around.

The 25th for the previous month’s work? Oh hell no! Even the 10th is pushing it. I guarantee you that a vast majority of companies pay out no later than the 5th. You guys are getting screwed royaly. I’d wager they are either padding their pockets with interest or having financial troubles.

1 Like

Update

The company backed down from their plan to move the payday to 25th after many complaints from company workers.

So nothing ever changed. Payday is still on the 10th every month. :ok_hand:

Next week I get paternity leave and they give two more days than required by law. So I get full week off. This seems pretty standard as previous company I worked for also gave full week paternity leave.

Getting a few days extra paid leave seems to be the only incentive in Taiwan to get kids. :sweat_smile:

No credit where credit is not due, please!

They’ve finally updated the translation of the Act of Gender Equality in Employment: five days for paternity leave, not three like before.

Congratulations btw! :fireworks:

3 Likes

@yyy, thanks for posting that link. We should all be aware of our work rights.

That is awesome that females get 1 paid day off a month (at half wage) for their menstrual cycle.

It is also cool that employers with 100+ employees are required to have a dedicated breast feeding room and a dedicated childcare room. But what exactly is a childcare room?

Iirc it says childcare facilities or childcare measures, e.g. a contract with a nearby childcare center.

A few years ago someone sued an airline, EVA I think, for unrelated reasons but cited lack of childcare facilities/measures as proof of the employer’s rottenness – something like “I could become a father, but not while working for this company”. The court was unmoved.