Potentially racist videos allegedly posted by TAS students

Yeah, those can go either way for me. I don’t care if someone dresses up as Michael Jackson, but I do if they put on a 1920’s style minstrel show.

1 Like

What about a 1920s minstrel show without the black face?

I haven’t gotten any word of what happened or how bad it was or wasn’t. Anyone else?

As @the_bear mentioned, it was probably related to this:

A lot of kids copied that video.

“ “Don’t think that this is okay because Taiwan doesn’t have this history,” the Facebook account MeiMeiEnglish posted. “[That this is racist] doesn’t change just because we are in a different location with a different history.””

Ugh…so much cringe.

A middle school kid posted a racist video/picture on Instagram and it was brought to the attention of TAS administration.

They are keeping a very tight lid on the incident as well as the student’s name while they decide what punishment they deserve if anything.

That’s all I can tell you.

1 Like

What about a coherent stage production of Cloud Atlas with a cast ethnically mismatched to their roles?

1 Like

Heads will explode the day someone wants to direct a movie about the minstrel shows.

1 Like

Well I can’t say I am surprised.

When I visit TAS (to go to that church) the people going there seems to have a very smug attitude. They believe they are better than us plebs. Because you know their parents can afford the expensive tuition and all that…

2 Likes

That is not a Christian.attitude. In Christian theology “The high will be made low and the low high”
By the way do you know any English speaking pentecostal churches around Tu Chen , Panchiou area etc?

1 Like

I go to Aroma church in Ximen. So far it’s the only church that I think are Christian.

The church inside TAS is full of very rich people who thinks us plebs who can’t make their 200k salary are not worthy of their attention. I went to their small groups and they often insist on meeting at restaurants where each plate is a minimum of 500nt. As you can see I couldn’t really afford to be around them.

But a lot of churches are full of moral high horses and finding a church who isn’t like this is a big challenge.

3 Likes

Is the Aroma baptist ? I can go to methodist, Pentecostal or baptist but not Catholic.

I stopped by their coffee shop once, the lady there was cool.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a church in TAS. It’s on the campus itself? Is it an actual church serving the general public?

1 Like

I heard their coffee stinks to high heaven.

Have you seen the video? Is it actually racist, or just racist to the overly woke?

lol. I didn’t try one, but I keep meaning to stop back again.

They are nondenominational, possibly pentecostal or something, but not Baptist as far as I know.

1 Like

Yes they have a church that takes place in the assembly hall in TAS. It’s called Taipei International Church. Like I said bunch of extremely rich people there who looks down on us plebs.

1 Like

I never liked these kind of churches and they exist. We had a mega church like this and the parking lot is full of luxury cars. I went to a predominately black baptist church, enjoyed it more. People were friendly. Great music.

1 Like