Power outage

Hope it didn’t cause a brown out :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Is power out in Japan too!?

Yes, or a worrying state of China’s cyber abilities.

Is the power station in question nuclear?

from this report, yes. (Power gen plant itself seems ok)
https://udn.com/news/story/122704/6136458?from=udn-referralnews_ch2artbottom

Would seem so by the photo in the article. That, or they have a lousy decorator.

Note that the issue was mentioned to be in a high power transformation area, not the reactor.

3 Likes

A couple of Twitter links.

Edit, one more to add:

6 Likes

No, our hamster is still running.

3 Likes

This should not be national problem, maybe regional or better yet have a decent back up plan if a power plant goes offline. Seems not a new problem, maybe now they will make this a priority to fix it.

3 Likes

I’m kind of at the 1000-yard-stare lifer stage where I walk the streets muttering “I don’t care, I don’t scare” to myself.

That was actually the mantra of a black ops Vietnam vet I once met in Thailand.

1 Like

yes, power outrage, that’s what the thread’s titled (or what ppl take it for anyway).

1 Like

To me this feels like the longest non-typhoon power outage I’ve experienced here, but I may be misremembering.

There was this one in August 2017, but I’m not sure how long that was, and I’m usually not in the country in August:

no one station should take all that load

1 Like

Power back on in Zuoying, Kaohsiung

2 Likes

It’s because his power was off too. :rofl:

Guy

6 Likes

Dude, that guy would sprint through a literal war zone to report on a foreigner taking a leak.

8 Likes

Lucky, nothing in sanmin or yancheng

Power was off for me earlier this morning in Taipei City’s Gongguan; but power is on in the Technology Building Station neighbourhood.

Sirens everywhere . . .

Guy

How’s the green line? My wife may have arrived at work, may not (it’d have been close when the power went out), and I’m unable to reach her. This is not all that unusual for her, but I’m worried she’s stuck on a train underground, which would be deeply, deeply unpleasant.

EDIT: Yeah, she was at work, with power, and completely oblivous.

4 Likes

Thanks for this info!

1 Like