Power trios

That’s ONE to ZERO for those keeping track!

Anyone else? Are you up for The Shagg The Police challenge?

Bollocks about Shagg and The Police. Bunchawankers. The Experience or Band of Gypsies? Gypsies had “better” musicians, but arbitary songs. The Experience endures. Full stop.

[quote=“the chief”]
Great to see the mighty mighty Kings X get some appreciation.[/quote]

Great band live, saw them in the 90’s in London they were amazing.

Rose Hill Drive will probably make that list some day, imo.

Even though they could be my grandkids. Ouch.

Edit: scratch the grandkids part. They could sire my grandkids, though. If I had a daughter or two, that is.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]The Police?
A Power Trio?
I suppose that means Depeche Mode deserve a place as well…
:noway:[/quote]

You weren’t around in the late 70’s, were you son?!? :laughing:

Actually, I saw them on their reunion tour last summer and they rocked it
LOUD!
I’m talking apocalyptic, velocity blast of sonic goodness loud. Stewart Copeland is a madman for the sheer force that he pounds his kit on their earlier tunes live.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]The Police?
A Power Trio?
I suppose that means Depeche Mode deserve a place as well…
:noway:[/quote]
:no-no:
You weren’t around in the late 70’s, were you son?!? :laughing: [/quote]
For your information, half-pint, I saw The Police live in Newcastle in 1979. It was the second concert I had ever seen.

[quote]Actually, I saw them on their reunion tour last summer and they rocked it
LOUD!
I’m talking apocalyptic, velocity blast of sonic goodness loud. Stewart Copeland is a madman for the sheer force that he pounds his kit on their earlier tunes live.[/quote]
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy much of their music, and they are all superb musicians. I’ve seen them three times in concert, and I’ve bought as few of their albums several times over. I just don’t think that their output qualifies them as a true power trio.
jimipresley is right. Hendrix’s Experience/Gypsies is THE benchmark. The Police kind of fade in comparison.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
jimipresley is right. Hendrix’s Experience/Gypsies is THE benchmark. The Police kind of fade in comparison.[/quote]
It is no mere coincidence that my handle on forumosa.com isn’t stuartcopelandpresley.

I don’t disagree; I’m a Hendrix fan myself. But when Outlandos d’Amour came out, I was impressed that those three lads could crank it up so much. So 2 nil in the Shaggs vs Police challenge.