PRC govt wants to invite former ROC VP Lien to become PRC VP

A Hong Kong publication came out with an article that sounded like… well… I’ll let you be the judge. :slight_smile: (Google the
news… I don’t want to mention the magazine’s name… no free publicity from me… but the HK magazine is well-known
for kissing Beijing’s [rear end]… :smiley:)

Apparently there are high level discussions within the government of the People’s Republic of China(Communist China)
regarding former Vice President Lien Chan, former Vice President of the Republic of China(Taiwan).

The topic? The Chinese want to extend an invitation for Lien to become PRC’s vice president(中华人民共和国副主席)
as early as 2013. (the current PRC VP’s term will end in 2013) Officially, PRC VPs must be “elected” by the PRC’s
National People’s Congress… but hey, we all know that it’s just a rubber stamp away. :slight_smile: Several members of the NPC were
quoted as saying that Mr. Lien’s position as honorary chairman of a Chinese political party(i.e. Kuomingtan/KMT) makes him
eligible for the position of PRC VP. :noway:

Like I said… heard it from Hong Kong… so take it with a grain of salt(actually, make that a big piece of rock salt) :roflmao:

That sounds far too peacenikky and clever to be true. Easy enough to turn the office into a PR exercise, and Lien far too willing to play Great Statesman in the farce.

I dunno. There’s only so much PRC welcoming that anyone can stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SiM97SO-lA

I always thought it was interesting how Lien traveled to China meeting with (negotiating) with the communist party in China, which IS the government, while Chen Shui Bian was president.

It is entirely speculation, but I can totally see how highly placed KMT officials might sell out Taiwan in exchange for high level positions in the PRC.

[quote=“CraigTPE”]
It is entirely speculation, but I can totally see how highly placed KMT officials might sell out Taiwan in exchange for high level positions in the PRC.[/quote]

better hurry… time is running out. Pretty soon the Chinese commies will have no use for has-been KMT politicians! :slight_smile:

Chinese government jobs don’t pay much, but the “benefits” are mind-boggling. :slight_smile:

This is off-topic, but just slightly. You might snicker toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&v={UeQeXlgNVF0}

Blast. Can’t get that to work, but here’s the link:
nma.tv/2010/12/09/china-crea … val-nobel/