Pre employment health check

I do. It doesn’t mention a health check specifically but it does say general stuff about having to comply with local laws etc. If this is actually a law, it could be construed as requiring a health check? My employer is technically foreign, they contract with a recruiting company here for HR and payment stuff. They’re the ones saying I need it.

Did you do it in the end? What kind of thing did they test for, and how long did it take to get the results?

I just didn’t do the test. No one has asked for it yet!

1 Like

Asking for a friend who’s due to start a new job shortly - it seems that hospitals have all increased the price for this to around NT$2100?

Also depends on the company, if the company policy is get a health then trying to argue against is useless.

I changed job last year - have an APRC, didn’t need health check for old job and lo and belold new company insisted. No health check and they can’t complete the boxes to sign me on to their systems. Local employee’s also had to do the check.

1 Like

I am interested in a new job. I am white collar too with APRC. Company does not need to sponsor or apply for a work permit on my behalf.

So new company has asked for a health check. Can I politely decline / refuse? I have worked other jobs and have never had to do a health-check before getting hired. I do yearly health checks, but have always declined to have the report sent to my employer.

Some companies have this as part of the terms of employment for all staff in that case there is no opting out as @eldrich says above.

Some companies also do yearly checks for all employees, paid for by the company.

I can opt out but I might lose the employment offer is that right? So there is no legal basis for this requirement and they only need my consent?

I get yearly health check ups paid by my existing company and I still do not send them the report. I think the yearly (or at least bi-yearly) health check-ups are a legal requirement. There is no legal requirement to share that with your employer, unless you opted in / consent. I know this because I never provide it.

Hm… This is useful. This is a new law from after I last started with a new employer. Maybe I am now legally obligated to do a pre-employment health examination and have the company retain the records. That sucks.

1 Like

Accepting it is part of accepting the job offer, I see you have cleared it up in the nest post.

Good luck on whatever you decide with your new job.

1 Like