Pregnant girlfriend - blackmailing and threatening

I’m putting this one up for a former colleague of mine (foreigner in Taiwan).

His gf (Filipina) is working in Taiwan and she always refused that he use a condom during sex. This is as much as I know.

She got pregnant and is now demanding a huge amount of cash or threatening to call the police and come to his office with her lawyer and let everyone know.

Just curious what her legal standpoint is here and what his is? How does the law deal with these two different classes of foreigners (blue collar/labor visa and white collar/APRC) with this kind of issue.

Psycho xiaojies rule the world!

Thanks,

I thought that blue collar workers got deported if pregnant?

In that case, he should do nothing, or if irked, let the relevant authorities about her condition.

He could also refrain from sleeping with females refusing using condoms, that would work out better. Also adding in later - a Philipina contract worker here bedding a white guy and wanting to be impregnated? Sorry but alarm bells are going off here. This will not end well, get her deported, or have her deport herself.

1 Like

Your friend is an arsehole.

He should have insisted, however in the heat of the moment… Oh well, I think both are arseholes. She was up for getting preggers, that’s for sure. It’s a good tactic used by females wanting to live out their life in comfort with a man kept in marriage hell limbo and a village in Mindanao thankful.

A friend of mine had a female of the same nationality trying for the same, but being more refined. He did however not disclose that he was unable to father children. When she found out, she tried to get him to commit by telling him"If you had not been fixes, I would have been pregnant now, so we better get engaged, you have an obligation now". Chuckle… next! :laughing:

Stories like this remind me that a worryingly large number of people just don’t get how STDs work. Man am I glad to be married.

[quote=“Mr He”]I thought that blue collar workers got deported if pregnant?

In that case, he should do nothing, or if irked, let the relevant authorities about her condition.
[/quote]

You’re a real humanitarian.

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Mr He”]I thought that blue collar workers got deported if pregnant?

[/quote]

You’re a real humanitarian.[/quote]

If I knocked up transistent female by mistake and did not want her, I would try and let her know as early as possible that I was not the future hubby. Morning after pills are a great invention.

If she insisted, I would suggest that we reached an accomidation based on what the going rates are here in Taiwan for involuntary fatherhood.

In this particular story, I see this coming to a bad end. If she starts having pre-natal checkups which she should, she will be deported. I did not write the laws and do not find them humane, however for the OP they are there and present a convenient escape route. Also, unless the lady goes illegal, the deportation will be forced on her no matter what. It does not matter if he turns her in or not, as any attempt on her side to create a legan hassle for him will lead to her being kicked out.

[quote=“Mr He”]If I knocked up transistent female by mistake and did not want her, I would try and let her know as early as possible that I was not the future hubby. Morning after pills are a great invention.

If she insisted, I would suggest that we reached an accomidation based on what the going rates are here in Taiwan for involuntary fatherhood.[/quote]

I don’t want to get judgmental, but it wouldn’t it bother you somewhere in the back of your mind to know that there’s a little Mr. He running around somewhere with no idea who his father is? There would always be “I wonder how my son in the Philippines is doing.”

1 Like

[quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“Mr He”]If I knocked up transistent female by mistake and did not want her, I would try and let her know as early as possible that I was not the future hubby. Morning after pills are a great invention.

If she insisted, I would suggest that we reached an accomidation based on what the going rates are here in Taiwan for involuntary fatherhood.[/quote]

I don’t want to get judgmental, but it wouldn’t it bother you somewhere in the back of your mind to know that there’s a little Mr. He running around somewhere with no idea who his father is? There would always be “I wonder how my son in the Philippines is doing.”[/quote]

if you are to pay the mother every month until the little brat turns 20, I think I would know where the little Mr. He is. That is the going rates thing, I would think NTD10k per month would do if the baby is in the Phils. If you pay every month, yes, you will know where the mother is, she will not fall off the radar screen for the next 2 decades.

Knowing where they are doesn’t mean you know how they are or play an active role in the child’s life. I personally wouldn’t be able to handle it.

1 Like

I do not think I would either, however this is the best possible outcome in this case.

Even if he pays, it is no guarantee that he will be in the childs life anyway if she goes back home.
Also, even if she doesn’t go for the prenatal checkups, I think it will be obvious in a few months that she is pregnant to her boss.

I also wouldn’t put it past someone to lie about it being your kid or even her being pregnant in the first place. Just watching the Maury show once would prove that. He could insist on a DNA test later or even demand to see the pregnancy results now.

It’s a good reminder to keep your pecker in your pants or if you must, wrap your sausage.

Edit: I thought about something though. She might not be able to do anything to him in Taiwan, I am unsure, but if he goes back to America or Canada and she finds out, I am pretty sure I have heard of people tracking them down, getting a court order for support in your home country, and then they just garnish your wages.

1 Like

After a blood test, of course… I had an acquaintance who had a situation of that sort with a local gal… years after marriage and take me to America pleads he found kid not his.

Poor kid, anyway, conceived out of anything but love, how can either mother or father be expected to engage in parenthood without love for the kid? If he’s lucky, he might be fed, but it would be more like those poochies here locked in cages, where the owner just throws food and water if he remembers and that’s it. He’s already one strike down.

I think she must be in it for the $$$ or US passport. If she makes enough of a fuss, like saying he raped her or something -with child as evidence- he’s deported. She can’t stay even if married -have you seen teh struggle of people from Filipinas to get their children as Taiwanese citizens? Their marriages certified? It is along struggle, and in this case, both are foreigners. Again, teh Law is not on the foreigner’s side.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]
I don’t want to get judgmental, but it wouldn’t it bother you somewhere in the back of your mind to know that there’s a little Mr. He running around somewhere with no idea who his father is? There would always be “I wonder how my son in the Philippines is doing.”[/quote]

Not if you know he’s in a jar in a dumpster behind the abortion clinic.

A man who doesn’t look after his kids is the lowest of the low.

A guy who falls for a trap as obvious as that described by OP is a fool. But he’s not the lowest of the low… yet.

Paternity test, of course. If it’s a positive, then we’ll see what the father is made of.

I do not think they will deport him based on allegations made months later by a vindictive female. She may be able to prove they had sex, but that is it.

I wonder if they can compel him to give a DNA test?

:blush: I initially read this as advice for not getting a girl pregnant if she refuses to use a condom…

Your friend is lucky. He can propagate his DNA without committing the resources necessary to nurture them, which is most desirable for a male biologically speaking. If he gets kicked out of Taiwan he can stop by the Philippines on his way home and impregnate another one, get some lighter skin going around the islands. A smart man would have stuck with a local girl from a rich family. Knocking up a rich girl is a meal ticket for life

1 Like

Amen. It’s not an easy thing to handle, I can tell you that.