Prescriptions and Pharmacies in Taiwan

Greetings all -

Planning on moving to Taiwan (Taipei) over the summer and have a quick question relating to a medication I take.

I am in the process of weaning myself off of the sleeping pill known as Zopiclone (Brand name Lunesta). I’ve read that it’s available in Taiwan - can anybody confirm this?

As part of the wean, I’ve been getting my medication compounded. Much easier to do a slow wean this way and am wondering - does Taiwan have any compounding pharmacies that anyone is aware of?

Many thanks!

Take care of your drug problem before you move here. This is not the place to come and dry up for so many reasons , not which of least are stress levels, draconian drug laws and difficulty adjusting to a new environment.

My understanding is that sleeping pills require a prescription in Taiwan. You cannot buy any over the counter sleeping pills to my knowledge. So you might have difficulty getting a prescription here. Suggest you stock up on sleeping pills if you need them.

Also suggest you bring earplugs as this place is much noisier than back home.

Doctors in Taiwan have no interest in getting you off meds, generally speaking.

Yes you can get zopiclone and all the other Z drugs here, and they hand them out like candy. Likewise benzos, and other pshyce meds. You need a prescription, but you can practically tell the doctors what you and they’ll sign you off.
I would strongly recommend you deal with any dependencies on such drugs before you head here.

[quote=“ShutUpLegs”]Yes you can get zopiclone and all the other Z drugs here, and they hand them out like candy. Likewise benzos, and other pshyce meds. You need a prescription, but you can practically tell the doctors what you and they’ll sign you off.
I would strongly recommend you deal with any dependencies on such drugs before you head here.[/quote]

yup, they give bezos and sleeping pills out like candy here. Maybe swtich to trazadom to help you sleep. It’s less addicting and can helps with sleep.