President Tsai said Taiwan is already an Independent Country on BBC today

11 Likes

Facts.

4 Likes

I’m sure China will reply with its usual moderation and restraint.

5 Likes

Well, in practice it is, so I don’t see what the problem is here.

Funnily enough there is no definition in international law of what constitutes an “independent country”. Different states have their own views on the matter. China, of course, thinks that the world divides into just two lumps: (a) China and (b) other places that were historically part of China.

11 Likes

The timing of this interview just after a second term election victory which she won in a by an overwhelming majority should come as no surprise to anyone.

2 Likes

I think China has already banned the BBC anyways.

2 Likes

But I’m sure this irks them (well, maybe “angers” is more like it). They know they have to engage the world on the world’s terms.

Reckless and impulsive. I mean that in a good way.

It is funny how the candidate with the biggest balls is a lady. Good for her, FINALLY taiwan is starting to grow a pair and pushbback a little. Been a prostitute and/or sugar daddy far too long!

Wonder how long she will keep up working or if this is just going to die down like it always does and we inch closer to being a province.

5 Likes

Let’s not assume her gender.

4 Likes

Ts might have tats, but rarely balls. But it is true I havent had a peek :frowning:

Regardless. It is the percieved balls and the ego of the guys that do fuck all. Havent seen much action for (note, the opposite of against) Taiwan since Prez chen. Nice to see her standing up for her people. Really rare it seems in todays world.

4 Likes

You need to stop typing from your phone, because all this is ambiguous.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t forget about c) vassal states such as Australia

Recently-discovered cave paintings indicate that Australia was once a part of China, and will one day be reunited with the mainland.

8 Likes

I bet she’s got a few of these in saucy places.

1 Like

Hold on to your handlebars, folks. If she decides to ramp this up it’s going to get bumpy.

1 Like

i am noticing less wu maos on facebook… i guess their bs is getting easier to see through. hurrah!

While true, this time it was typed almost right. The T lesbian has tattoos but is lacking testicles. I’m with finley, she has at least one cat tattoo for sure!

Anything short of a war, what will they do? They have economic levers to pull like ECFA, but in the long run it might be better they pull them and Taiwanese businesses refocus elsewhere.