President Tsai said Taiwan is already an Independent Country on BBC today

Also she should make those celebrities who celebrated 70 years of the PRC on Weibo apologize to Taiwan people or lose their passports.

No other country would tolerate this fucking shit. PRC everyday threatens to destroy their families and everyone they know and because of money they are willing to post their flag and say how proud they are.

No single British person or celebrity would do this. We would never allow it and our society would never allow it. Americans, Canadians, Japanese and pretty much every country in the world would be the same. Its a fucking embarrassment for them to do this. What kind of a person with integrity would do this, while their are 5000 missiles aimed at their family?What kind of man would raise the enemies flag after seeing HK and how it could happen to their home.

The 商人無祖國(business man has no country) shit that is thrown around in Taiwan is the one thing I cant stand about this place. You have a country, the country that raised you and where your friends and family are. Our cultures are not the same, but im sure many Taiwanese in their heart feel the same.

I dont know, Taiwanese are too tolerant. I think the government really should do something about it.

6 Likes

Totally.

BUT. Not tolerant so much as obedient and fearful.

Taiwan really is a functioning oxymoron.

1 Like

I never thought about it or cared about it before, but thats how China work, its a slow burn. They have been cooking Taiwanese like a boiling frog. 15 years ago, they would sometimes ask if you were Chinese and that would be it, and now they have to hold up the PRC flag and talk about how proud they are of their mother country.

Every excuse I heard which I used to accept is not really acceptable:

• The Taiwan market is too small

• The money is so much higher there. Who would say no to that

• Its their choice to do it

• They are just making RMB for lying, so they are the winner.

But none of this stuff is right. They are traitors.

6 Likes

It’s neither a platform nor a bay.

1 Like

This is what I say.

My girl does not take me to events with chinese delegates and businessmen because she knows I’ll speak my mind. I wouldn’t bring it up but I know how PRC nationals can be if you mention you’re from Taiwan.

2 Likes

Really puts it in perspective when the US nearly Collapsed after a single sportsman refused to kneel for the national anthem to protest police brutality.

Really wish the government here would do something

How is this not bigger news?

The international media and media look a likes are filled with taiwan stories recently. Mostly they seem pro china with a touchbof realism to try and sound legitimate. Either way, how is it that this isnt talked abiut more?

Seems only the chinese propaganda network, cgtn, is sort of talking about it.