Presidential Office replaces statue of Sun with pot plant!

Presidential Office replaces statue of Sun with pot plant

This is fantastic news! Pass the dutchie from the left hand side, A-Bian! :rainbow:

Sometimes ya gotta love the Taipei Times.

:laughing: That’s great! :bravo:

Cypress trees are cool.

So…the revisionists are even going after Dr. Sun…how quaint.

"When approached for comment yesterday, Democratic Progressive Party Legislator Wang Shih-cheng (王世堅) said it was “very good” that the Presidential Office had replaced Sun’s statue with a potted plant “because Sun promoted the planting of trees.”

True Bizarro World logic…or would that be “Orwellian” logic?

I sorta like this “defining Taiwan” as not a part of China kick CSB is on.

I’d like to see every last statue of CKS out of schools and libraries too.

More pot, less rot.

Can you make doobies out of cypress?

Is this newsworthy ? It’s not much of a change.

What’s wrong with Sun? He was a bumbling, inneffectual leader. The perfect symbol for the DPP government.

Call me back when it’s a real pot plant, or at least one of those Disney-esque bushes trimmed to look like Chen.

“Additional reporting by Flora Wang” :laughing:

sun yat-sen had about as much to do with taiwan as a pot plant did, so the metaphor is apt. in 1911, there was zero interest from sun and friends in taiwan and the pescadores (peng hu) as they were part of japan.

And by the same token, there was “zero interest” from Sun and friends in the three Northeast provinces because they were in an “independent” puppet state called Manchukuo controlled by Japan. Oh wait.

Only somebody with so little perspective on Chinese history as the quoted would fail to comprehend the fundamental importance of those lands “stolen by Japan” to the formation and modernization of the Chinese state and the Nationalist Party.

egads. only someone so deeply schooled in PRC correctthink as thine esteemed self, and i use the term loosely, would criticise me for that.

they never appeared in the original ROC constitution, as far as i am aware, but i guess you’ll correct me on that too. its a bit hard to make claims on lands that lie inside other countries’ borders, but then i guess that has not stopped the chinese …how many times now? Tibet? Assam? Mongolia? Korea? Kashmir? Sikkhim, Bhutan and Nepal are next, i guess. soon even singapore will have to run up the PRC flag. oh, i forgot, the soft power expansion of china means that it happening aready…

‘peaceful rise’ my arse. and they are getting away with it. i suppose even chamberlain kissed hitler’s lily-white butt. people don’t learn.

Better than Maui Wowie and Puna Butter?

:roflmao:

As for the possibility of getting rid of CKS photos, I ask (as I did when he gazed down at me every day while I was teaching): Separated at birth?

Stupid is as stupid does. This is pretty stupid. Idiot. :bluemad:

Can you imagine the retribution the KMT is going to do to CSB images in the future.

I can see the future now all great leader and president photos in ROC history book will just be flowers and plants.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Can you imagine the retribution the KMT is going to do to CSB images in the future.

I can see the future now all great leader and president photos in ROC history book will just be flowers and plants.[/quote]

Nice!

I hereby nominate ash for Chiang Kai-shek, marshmallow for Chiang Ching-kuo, silver-weed for Lee Teng-hui, venus fly trap for James Soong, touch-me-not for Annette Lu, narcissus for Lien Chan, weeping willow for Ma Ying-jeou, and toad-flax for Chen Shui-bian.

Oh and cherry tree and honeysuckle for the memorable Chu Mei-fong.