Price for a Pre-Nup

Anyone know the price on a simple “You keep all your shit and I keep all mine no matter what either one of us does that ends this marriage” prenup??

In what, $US, $NT, or bananas?

NTD… unless you’re the lawyer.

If this is what you are after, then in Taiwan you may not have to do anything - review this: [Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … 093#366093](Conjugal Partners? Absolute Community? Absolute Separation? and ask your lawyer to confirm how things work here

Pre nups are for those so uncertain of their partners they have no trust in each other to stay married… so why the fuck bother… just live together…

Of course if death ends the marriage that saves a lot of hassle… so forget the pre-nups and hire a hitman…

It’s so much easier when your not married and split up… you can take your John Denver Albums and he can take his Glen Campbell albums without all the lawsuits… :loco: :loco:

Don’t forget pre-nups can be contested too… they are just the beginning of your marriage contract negotiations… what ever happened to death till us part???

You’re a guy, aren’t you, “comfortably numb”?

Even if you’re not married, it’s not that easy. What if he takes ALL the albums? What are you going to do? Especially if your finances have been mingled while you’re living together, it can get VERY complicated. Heck, I’d go for some kind of a pre-nup before living together!

As a woman who’s been through a divorce, (and happily had a pre-nup after my parents insisted), I am a wholehearted supporter of them. You can answer for your own motivations and actions, but trust me, you do not always have a window into the psyche of your partner, no matter what you think you are seeing and hearing. Of course the other thing is that those little signs that you are ignoring now are harbingers of things to come…pay attention to them now and avoid a wedding altogether if it seems like that might even remotely be a favorable outcome for you.

Women still get shafted on divorce settlements in the States…and the law in Taiwan is impossibly tilted in favor of the man. I say, get any protection you can (pending opinoins by TW lawyer types on whether it would actually help or not). Also, if your partner is unwilling to sign something like this – do you want to sign a mortgage or have a child with him? :unamused:

[quote=“ironlady”]You’re a guy, aren’t you, “comfortably numb”?

Even if you’re not married, it’s not that easy. What if he takes ALL the albums? What are you going to do? Especially if your finances have been mingled while you’re living together, it can get VERY complicated. Heck, I’d go for some kind of a pre-nup before living together!

Also, if your partner is unwilling to sign something like this – do you want to sign a mortgage or have a child with him? :unamused:[/quote]

What if SHE takes all the stuff and my cats too on the way out???

If you’re so unwilling to have kids without a written pre-nup then what will a pre-nup do for them… jack squat S.F.A…

A pre-nup before even living together… can’t remember having read that in my bible studies classes… but them I failed anyways…

No I’m afraid to say that if you need a pre-nup before you get a mortgage or have kids what are you going to do if it doesnt work out… get a post nup???

What if you come home one day to find out the other half took off to another country with the kids where the kids may have citizenship of???

Screw pre-nups… just buy a shotgun… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes what you say is very true… :bravo: I just find the thought of a pre-nup to be unatural… :noway: :noway: but perhaps necessary for some. :wink: :wink:

People always say that they feel “uncomfortable” with the idea of a pre-nup, that it shows distrust or something, but remember the old English saying: “Good fences make good neighbors”.

Why have a law prohibiting murder? Doesn’t that imply that the government doesn’t trust us not to kill people? :smiley: (Well, I guess it depends on who takes all the albums!)

How many people who get divorced think they will get divorced when they plan their wedding?

[quote=“ironlady”]People always say that they feel “uncomfortable” with the idea of a pre-nup, that it shows distrust or something, but remember the old English saying: “Good fences make good neighbors”.

Why have a law prohibiting murder? Doesn’t that imply that the government doesn’t trust us not to kill people? :smiley: (Well, I guess it depends on who takes all the albums!)[/quote]

I love that poem:

[quote]
MENDING WALL
Robert Frost

Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing:
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on a stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
‘Stay where you are until our backs are turned!’
We wear our fingers rough with handling them.
Oh, just another kind of out-door game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the wall:
He is all pine and I am apple orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him.
He only says, ‘Good fences make good neighbors’.
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
‘Why do they make good neighbors? Isn’t it
Where there are cows?
But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,
That wants it down.’ I could say ‘Elves’ to him,
But it’s not elves exactly, and I’d rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me~
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father’s saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, “Good fences make good neighbors.”[/quote]

[quote=“SuchAFob”]How many people who get divorced think they will get divorced when they plan their wedding?[/quote] All those with a pre-nup :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some people have practical parents who insist on a pre nup, esp families with money.