Price for pretty new studio apt in Taipei

I’m not sure if this is the correct board. I’m wondering what the current market is for somewhat recent, clean, nice studio apartments around Taipei.

I’m sure it depends on the area of town and what not, but just some testimonies would be awesome.

Like what type of apartment you had, and which location, and how much you paid?

Is it easy to find sublets or sub-rent places in Taiwan or do you need to sign contracts very often for like 3 months or what?

Renting experiences desired, thank you! :ponder:

http://www.tealit.com - rentals and house shares

There are a bunch of studios in newer buildings on craigslist:

taipei.craigslist.com.tw/apa/

I looked at some during my search and found them to be too small, but that’s just personal needs. Figure 25-30k, probably doesn’t include parking (~5k), may not include management fee (3-5k). There seem to be a lot in Xinyi. I was looking closer to Shilin/TianMu, there are some on Dexing Rd near SOGO.

[quote=“graycat”]I’m not sure if this is the correct board. I’m wondering what the current market is for somewhat recent, clean, nice studio apartments around Taipei.

I’m sure it depends on the area of town and what not, but just some testimonies would be awesome.

Is it easy to find sublets or sub-rent places in Taiwan or do you need to sign contracts very often for like 3 months or what?

Renting experiences desired, thank you! :ponder:[/quote]

[quote=“graycat”]I’m not sure if this is the correct board. I’m wondering what the current market is for somewhat recent, clean, nice studio apartments around Taipei.

[color=#4000FF]I’ve lived in studio apartments and two bedroom apartments, as well as stand alone Japanese style housing. Most were around the NTNU area, and were considered OKish at that time. Rent went from 8thousand to 15 thousand, depending on size, newness, and distance from campus.[/color]

[color=#4000FF]Usually, you sign one year contracts, with two month deposit. Sublet is used mostly as somone has a whole apartment and rents out -or shares, as you could say- a room or two. In thsi case, teh time is agreed between both parties.[/color]

Renting experiences desired, thank you! :ponder:[/quote]
[color=#4000FF]Be careful about initial negotiations. Bring a Taiwanese or someone who’s been here a long time. Never give in to presure to take the place now/give money immediately. Try to verify the owner is really the owner. It is advisable NOT to live with they landlord. Remember the landlord has no right to enter your place unannounced. Safety first: check gas lines and electrical outlest are in working order Before you move; change locks after you move.[/color]

As to websites tmm.org.tw

The cheapest ‘taofang’ (did I get that right?) in central Taipei is around 5 million NT to own.