Prickly Heat

The doctor says i have prockly heat on my leg… he says it is a condition caused by humidity and sweating of the skin… it maniifests itself as little red pus blisters on my leg near the groin

Any body have this befire and is there anyway to prevent it… my thinking is just to use talcum powder…

I had some friends who had bleeding sores in their groin from this problem, so I developed a three-step method of preventing the problem until my skin finally adjusted.

It sounds crazy, but first, I’d stand in front of a fan and let “the boys” flap in the breeze until my legs were dry (obviously, watch out for the fan blades). Then, I’d throw down a layer of antifungal cream in the affected area. Last step is liberal used of baby powder. That should solve your problem and keep this very painful condition from recurring.

Good luck.

T.

[quote=“Tomas”]
It sounds crazy, but first, I’d stand in front of a fan and let “the boys” flap in the breeze until my legs were dry.[/quote]

So, there obviously is some logical reason why the blokes at the gym blow dry their testicles. :laughing:

You can get prickly heat talcum powder at drug stores. (I believe its by J&J).

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Tomas”]
It sounds crazy, but first, I’d stand in front of a fan and let “the boys” flap in the breeze until my legs were dry.[/quote]

So, there obviously is some logical reason why the blokes at the gym blow dry their testicles. :laughing:[/quote]
Oh sure, there’s a reason, and I’ve got no problem with guys that want to do that with their own blow dryer. But with the public-use blow dryers at the gym, well, that’s another issue. It makes my skin crawl when I think about the fact that I have to hold those same devices in my hand and point it at my head, after it’s already been thrust into the hot, sweaty, nether regions of someone’s towel-wrapped crotch. :shock: :shock:

Oh, god, Maoman, there you go again… :?
Back on the subject: I get these pussy little prickles on my chest and shoulders of all places. i just let them pass. I guess it is humidity, but I would advise that you try not to wear clothes that were on the floor and other slightly questionable practices.

Not wishing to sound alarmist, it’s not really the time of year for prickly heat…unless you’re just back from a jaunt to warmer climes. Pus? Doesn’t sound like prickly heat. Get another opinion.

HG

supposely you can get prickly heat anytiime…espically since this place is constantly humid and you never feel dry… I had it myself in the summer… same story… make sure you dry thoroughly the groin and armpit areas…use talcum or J&J baby powder

It is usually a minor irriatation rather than a seriuos condition… but you should take care of it … if severe enough it can interfere with the regualation by your body of your temperature causing overheating

You’ve got to dry your goolies. As Tomas suggests, presenting your knackers to a powerful fan (the electric kind) should do the trick.

It’s called feizi fen (feizi sounds like “fades”)

In normal circumstances one’s plums are covered up all the time, and if damp, in a sweaty environment like Taiwan, there is little evaporation to assist the body’s temperature regulation system. Air-conditioned underpants would be the answer. Or kilts. Or sarongs. Or perhaps internal cooling by way of regular ingestion of suitably refrigerated ales is the best thing.

Alien,
Which gym do you belong to, to have blokes blow-drying the family jewels in your locker room?? Did I join the wrong one?? :shock: :unamused: :wink:

pussing blisters?! How the hell did you even let it get to that stage?!! I only had mild jock rot (reddish skin) and the itch already kept me from sleeping well at nite. You really just let it go and see what the results will be like huh?! he!he!

I think I read somewhere that its the same bacteria as athlete’s foot…fungus on the skin…hmm, maybe after the pussing blisters, mushrooms will grow?

There are special powders for athlete’s foot…some have menthol…so apply with caution (this is from experience. Ahh! The pain is so much better then the itch! ha!ha!). I am sure you can find medication for jock itch on the same shelf where you find medication for athlete’s foot…at least thats the case in the US.

Also,with the cold weather lately, the warm blanket and the humid atmosphere isn’t helping either. Sleep naked helps.

Are you sure it’s not friction burns ? Tee hee.