Priests and nuns

Do you act differently around priests or nuns? Are you more careful of using bad words or stay clear of topics that might offend ? Is there still that respect for priests and nuns? I’m more careful with my language around nuns or priests and admit that I am more reserved while in their presence.Especially nuns.

4 Likes

Yes

If the Dalia Lama were in my presence, I’d behave differently too.

4 Likes

No.

yeah so would I. I don’t know why I just would although I’m not Buddist.

1 Like

Sure. I would in general with people I don’t know well, in fact. Haven’t run into priests or nuns over here much.

Yep. I try to be respectful or mindful around them but I’m still going to speak my mind. At some point I came to realize they are people too.

And priests can be raunchy too.

1 Like

I never told you I was a Priest? :grin:

Yeah nuns make me feel a little , uncomfortable. Like I’m going to get whacked with a ruler if I step out of line. :grinning:

3 Likes

Some people don’t need to behave differently, because they’re nice by default. :slightly_smiling_face: :rainbow:

1 Like

Father Brian Jones ?
How much do you charge for a marriage ?:grinning:
As for nuns yes I get uncomfortable.

1 Like

ok.Mr Nice Guy :sunglasses:
Sounds,like a Billy Joel song.
I need my coffee it is 7.30 AM

@yyy was referring to @tando

1 Like

Yes, and also to anyone else who’s a gentleman or lady or such-like.

1 Like

I thought you were married? :ponder:

1 Like

He didn’t say he still is a priest!

4 Likes

Especially with little boys…

I’m shocked, I’m going to be careful debating him in the religious forum as he might catch me out with a religious quote. @Brianjones I wondered why you are almost absent from Christian debates. I think you’re pulling my leg though

No. The church is and has been infested with pedophiles for hundreds and hundreds of years. Priests have asked me on dates. My brother did 1 year of seminary and said it was full of gays and pedophiles. Not surprisingly, I don’t go to Mass. the straight priest usually is depressed until he leaves the priesthood. Let priests marry. Many of the 12 apostles were married

You’re referring to priests of the Catholic church correct? Most protestant priests are married.
As for catholic nuns I think the ones in blue were never married and the ones in white are what they call outer sisters, been married or are married but wish to become nuns ?

I’ve heard the same from a couple of others I knew who went to seminary. They dropped out because they couldn’t tolerate the hypocrisy of all the men studying to be priests fucking each other.

Becoming a priest is basically the thing to do if you’re gay, living in a homophobic community, and need a good excuse to not get married (to a woman) without humiliating your family.

1 Like