Prissy Madams

Perhaps it was just the theme of certain forums, but I’ve frequented some which come equipped with prissy madams just pouncing to whoop somebody’s ass when they perceive that there has been a slight (or rather, a different opinion to their’s). It is rather amusing of course, but sometimes a little grating - When I am sure I didn’t stumble into somebody’s teapot cosy collection weblog and post a “No… I don’t think so.” or something.
Anyway, Just wondering if it is ok for people to turn public forums into a chastising ground, to whip others up for differing opinions.

[quote=“Bugsy”]Perhaps it was just the theme of certain forums, but I’ve frequented some which come equipped with prissy madams just pouncing to whoop somebody’s ass when they perceive that there has been a slight (or rather, a different opinion) to their’s. It is rather amusing of course, but sometimes a little grating - When I am sure I didn’t stumble into somebody’s teapot cosy collection weblog and post a “No… I don’t think so.” or something.
Anyway, Just wondering if it is ok for people to turn public forums into a chastising ground, to whip others up for differing opinions.[/quote]

I think people should be free to post their opinions and others should be free to disagree, and back and forth as such.

Do you think we should all share the same opinion/s?

No, definitely not share uniform views, but thanks for answering.

My question is, what is it that justifies the behavior of the people who scold others online for not sharing their point/s of view? It probably seems trivial, but in this age where online communication is common, shouldn’t there be a mutual courtesy and respect for diversity? Or is anonymity a good mask for people to take etiquette for granted?

This theme is starting to replay itself a bit … :eh:

[quote=“Bugsy”]No, definitely not share uniform views, but thanks for answering.

My question is, what is it that justifies the behavior of the people who scold others online for not sharing their point/s of view? It probably seems trivial, but in this age where online communication is common, shouldn’t there be a mutual courtesy and respect for diversity? Or is anonymity a good mask for people to take etiquette for granted?[/quote]

Forumosa tends to be a rough and tumble kind of place. Most of the frequent posters here aren’t your fuzzy, friendly, welcome wagon types here. The welcoming phase really is about whether or not you can hold your own here, giving as much as you’re getting. Once you’ve passed that phase (initiation/hazing/whatever), it’s all good to go after that. You’ll find there is mutual courtesy and respect generally despite some of the sharpness. Some forums however are beyond hope given the nature of the topics and characters that inhabit them. YMMV.

People in person tend to be much warmer though. Try next month’s Happy Hour if you can :slight_smile:

Welcome!

And you’re entitled to yours :wink:

[quote]This theme is starting to replay itself a bit …
[/quote]

So why don’t you tell us what we should write in about, Yellow Cartman?

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]This theme is starting to replay itself a bit … :eh:

[quote=“Bugsy”]No, definitely not share uniform views, but thanks for answering.

My question is, what is it that justifies the behavior of the people who scold others online for not sharing their point/s of view? It probably seems trivial, but in this age where online communication is common, shouldn’t there be a mutual courtesy and respect for diversity? Or is anonymity a good mask for people to take etiquette for granted?[/quote]

Forumosa tends to be a rough and tumble kind of place. Most of the frequent posters here aren’t your fuzzy, friendly, welcome wagon types here. The welcoming phase really is about whether or not you can hold your own here, giving as much as you’re getting. Once you’ve passed that phase (initiation/hazing/whatever), it’s all good to go after that. You’ll find there is mutual courtesy and respect generally despite some of the sharpness. Some forums however are beyond hope given the nature of the topics and characters that inhabit them. YMMV.

People in person tend to be much warmer though. Try next month’s Happy Hour if you can :slight_smile:

Welcome![/quote]

Thank you, that’s nice, cheers! And by the way, I do not think I would enter a forum that has all users treating each other with kid gloves… Ain’t a marshmallow Peeps world!

[quote=“Bugsy”]And you’re entitled to yours :wink:

[/quote]

So why don’t you tell us what we should write in about, Yellow Cartman?[/quote]

You should probably keep quiet first and get a lay of the land and slowly participate in the forums you feel more comfortable with. That will limit your chances of getting dinged by these people you find “unfriendly”

Your point has just recently been raised by another newcomer. Poster nick is “Leo”. If you had bothered to familiarize yourself with Forumosa’s forums, you would have found out about it and found your answers in that thread(s).

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“Bugsy”]And you’re entitled to yours :wink:

[/quote]

So why don’t you tell us what we should write in about, Yellow Cartman?[/quote]

You should probably keep quiet first and get a lay of the land and slowly participate in the forums you feel more comfortable with. That will limit your chances of getting dinged by these people you find “unfriendly”

Your point has just recently been raised by another newcomer. Poster nick is “Leo”. If you had bothered to familiarize yourself with Forumosa’s forums, you would have found out about it and found your answers in that thread(s).[/quote]

Again, thanks for your promptness. Please don’t get it wrong but you sound very authoritative on forum postings and all so the question was addressed directly to you.

NP, I’m just trying to help out. The last thread degenerated quite quickly… but am glad to see that the previous poster has continued to stay with Forumosa and contribute :slight_smile:. Hope you will too

Cheers,
=YC

'Kay, will also be reading yours too :bravo: Ta!