Private Schools in Taiwan Thread (For Teachers)

The Kaohsiung Dominican school seems to change its name. There have been posts calling it the Dominican International School. Kaohsiung Dominican School, Kaohsiung Dominican International School, and Dominican International School Kaohsiung.

This person said the contracts were not honored and that there were poor administration decisions.

internationalschoolsreview.c … school.htm

This person says she was fired for having a serious medical problem that lasted a week and a half. She said her child would be charged tuition, regardless of whether the kid attended the school.

There’s another post about a nun trying to change the contract terms after an employee had started, but I can’t find the link.

I figured I’d post about this school because of a recent conversation. I talked to a former teacher there who was promised summer school hours. However, the teacher said the principal (who is a nun) told the teacher she forgot about it and gave the hours to someone else when the summer started. I figured potential teachers would want to know about these kinds of things.

I heard at least one teacher was fined by the school for not returning the next year, but I don’t know if that actually happened or if the teacher(s) had some other consequences. So I’ll leave it to someone else to comment about that.