Problem Unlocking Ipad

So apple have locked me out of my ipad as I can’t remember the password. The laptop that I originally synced with is back in my home country but I now have an acer notebook which when I connect to itunes tells me that “Itunes cannot connect to the ipad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the ipad before it can be used with itunes”

There is now nowhere to enter a passcode on the ipad screen which just tells me that the ipad is disabled and to connect to itunes.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I think you can restore the iPad, but you will lose everything on it. Are you willing to do that?

Oh and do you have “Find My iPad” installed?

And have you backed up to the iCloud?

basically, you’re screwed. You need iTunes on your original computer.

You can try asking an Apple technical service, but I wouldn’t bet on that.

Apparently this works, although you will lose all your data (any downloaded apps can be re-downloaded at no charge [apparently]). If you have a backup on iCloud you can also use this after you restore the iPad.

[quote]You need to force the phone into recovery mode and restore it as a new device to remove the passcode. To do this:

Disconnect your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch), but leave the USB cable connected to your computer.
Turn off your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
Launch iTunes.
Press & hold the home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your device. Continue holding the home button until you see “Connect to iTunes” on the screen; this will also cause the iPhone to turn on.
You should see the “recovery mode” alert:

“iTunes has detected an iPhone (or iPad) in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad (or iPhone) before it can be used with iTunes.”

Now that your device is in recovery mode, you must restore the device. You may either restore it to a previous point, or set it up as a new phone. This will wipe all files and settings, including the passcode. If you see a message stating that your phone is locked (*) and you need to enter your passcode, just ignore and close this message.

Note: Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes before attempting this.[/quote]

I’ll give that a go. Losing everything on it doesn’t really bother me all that much.

So any luck?

Finally got the iPad up and running again last night. The above instructions work.