Problems during quarantine

That’s not what he said. There is a difference between review and fact. Defamation is a thing in many countries. He is free to leave his opinion, and he should frame it as an opinion.

2 Likes

I can definitely see that. “Welcome to the forum and to Taiwan!” didn’t really seem like an appropriate reply!

I hope things are getting a little more stable now.

2 Likes

Devil’s advocate, but consider treating this Taoyuan hotel like Taiwan-in-miniature. They have their own micro economy to hold together, and front line workers have never had more to worry about than they do with omicron.

And they’ve been dealing with it for two effing years.

I’m sorry that’s the introduction you received to Taiwan, but i hope you brought some worldly perspective with you. They don’t have any extra laying about.

Side question, what is this 7+7+7 deal? It’s been 14+7 since the pandemic started, so on the bright side you may now warmly, or coldly, chide all the newbies who come along after you, complaining about their barbaric 5+3 imprisonments… :nerd_face:

If you have your own house to live in, 7+7+7 for people who are double vaxxed can spend the second 7 days of their quarantine at home.

2 Likes

Home, or residence? Such as an apartment?

Yea. I took advantage of the 7+7+7 programme.

I rent a condo by myself.

1 Like

Thanks. I am largely agnostic to covid politics, which helps me avoid a lot of the associated angst, but leaves me just as gleefully uninformed

No problemos. I did my stay in a government centre.

Feck does that look attractive lately.

Guy

1 Like

Thought I would update in case anyone is still interested.

My wife tested negative one more time at the hospital (something something CT levels in the right range) and was told by the doctor she’s free to leave. As in leave to go back home and quarantine there. She was pretty confused and said (paraphrasing here) What about my husband + kids who are in hotel quarantine and have had their 7 days extended to 14 days because of being my close contact (despite them being negative the entire time)
This actually was a bit of a drama and it appears like it caused a lot of confusion. Of course it wouldn’t really make sense to have us in extended quarantine while my wife went home.
In the end it seems to have been sorted out. My wife arrived at the hotel this evening and told me that we can all stay together and leave hotel quarantine on the 19th to go home and wait out the remainder of the 7+7+7 gig which was what was supposed to happen in the very beginning.

As ever though judging based on how confused everyone sounded that we dealt with (Taoyuan council?) they could always reverse course on us tomorrow :laughing:

9 Likes

But only if you have a separate room and bathroom for each adult in the household. So if you are a couple or family and don’t meet that requirement you cannot QT at home. It’s absurd.

Perhaps, I keep hearing conflicting information on this one.

But I’m single. Marriage is overrated. :grin:

A post was merged into an existing topic: From quarantine

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: From quarantine

Ugh. Well it sounds like things are finally getting sorted out, but with way too much chaos and poor communication on the way. Good luck getting through it, and I hope things now proceed like they’re supposed to. I also hope this hasn’t been too hard on the kids!

And I also hope that receptionist either gets some serious retraining, or is replaced.

2 Likes

As today is the 19th, is it now go home day?

1 Like

I’m interested in what has happened to you and your family. Were you released? Did you have days added? I hope there hasn’t been any more drama for you there :frowning:

1 Like

Apparently, I was mistaken it’s actually the 20th! We had a PCR test today that came back negative so I’m under the assumption that we’ll be leaving before midday tomorrow.

3 Likes

No more drama so far just a lack of communication. When calling to try and clarify our situation they would say “ok let me talk to *** and I’ll call you back soon”. This of course rarely happened so persistence in calling to get a result was really important. We’re apparently leaving in the morning so I’ll drop an update in the thread once it happens (drama free fingers crossed) :grinning:

5 Likes

Is the PCR test still being administered immediately after arrival or just at the end of quarantine?