Problems since the earthquake

Interesting alright but I’ve never seen my speed go anywhere close to those numbers. Must be some people/businesses with expensive packages from Hinet who are driving the averages up. I have certainly caused the average to drop in the last few weeks :slight_smile:

Interesting in the opposite way … CHT is not in the top spot … it’s the biggest in Taiwan but not the fastest …

Yesterday I got 1.5 M download to Amsterdam … today it slowed down to a crawl 110 kb go figure, in 24 hours 90% slower … Hinet is the biggest ISP in Taiwan and it’s network is sooo unreliable …

Look … download from Dublin …

Patetic …

Taiwan … ‘international hub’ … for what? Binlang spit?

I mean, it’s not just to one server in Europe … why don’t they have a better connection to Europe … they have enough capacity running … are they just stupid or what …

The re-routing through the US during the cable break returned better results as it does now … I guess they have an underwater leak somewhere … bits draing out to the sea floor …

Yeah, Hi-Net really sucks bigtime since they “fixed” that cable…

I think this fixed cable to Europe has less capacity than the one to the US, therefore especially during the peak-times (17:00 - 24:00 plus weekends) speeds suck…

Cheers, Mr. Rice

I really don’t know if the s-l-o-w s-p-e-e-d-s I’ve been getting lately have anything to do with the earthquake from back a while ago, but I’m going to try to get somewhere with HINET this week, even if it means going down there, getting a number, and talking to someone in person.

Usually CNN streaming video and NHL.com streaming video of game wrap-ups stream for me anytime of the day or night, no problem. Lately, the later in the day, the worse it gets. CNN free vids won’t even get a few seconds in and they need to re-buffer. This is worse than usual in my opinion.

I’ve got fixed IP 8M, something’s got to give. Anyone else feeling the bog? Last Friday night was ridiculous.

Try using Opendns - http://www.opendns.com.

Changing your DNS servers may make initial connections faster. It won’t do a damn thing about speeding up a streaming connection once connected or reconnecting to a site you’ve already been to recently (in which case your PC still has the DNS info cached).