Problems with the new design

Theirs no spel check when I type a reply- normally Firefox will underline all my mangled words then I go back and review, but not here.

Off topic. I know youā€™re an admin not owner, but this style of Forumosa is terrible and I rarely use it cuz I canā€™t stand the way it looks(been at least 2yrs). I suggest getting owner to revert or improve.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll be going back at this point. Any particular problem areas or suggestions for improvement?

I really like it now, the functions are great, and can be used on a smart phone. Took it little bit, but itā€™s much better. Should we revert back @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Reply hazy try again

But youā€™ll be gone if we go back @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

2 Likes

who are you @discobot? why are you here @discobot? what do you want @discobot?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I hated it at first, but now I like it. I suppose itā€™s an acquired taste.

Can you answer @hansiouxā€™s questions? @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You can find yourself by coming into the present. ā€” Eckhart Tolle

I use a Chrome extension to dark theme the page. This is a screen shot. It actually inverts the colors so not perfect.

12%20PM

i think there are some other options in that extension (apart from inverting color). try them.

White pictures seem to fade out against the background, on my computer at least. I see no borders between picture and background.

The picture in this thread is a good example Google today has Taiwan flag and election ballots

It doesnā€™t happen in my deviceā€¦
Screenshot_20181124-231358_Chrome

Not understanding the problem. We have a tan background. The white picture stands out clearly from it. If you have a white background for some reason, I guess this would be an unavoidable issue. RickRollā€™s tan-background screenshot also blends directly in.

Did something else changed?
Until few days ago, when posting from mobile, the input message area was taking only the bottom part of the page.
Now, itā€™s covering the whole screen!
Before, one could navigate through the posts while writing a new one, but now itā€™s impossibleā€¦
Any way to fix this?

Iā€™m using Firefox on an Android phone to reply to this post. It seems to work as always - I can still see and scroll above the editing window (although I do have to minimize my keyboard to see more than a few lines)

firefox

Iā€™m not aware of any changes made recently. You can also check for a changelog at http://meta.discourse.org

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for.
Iā€™m using Chrome on an Android phone to reply to this post, and this is what I see:
Screenshot_20191003-113213_Chrome

I have noticed that recently Forumosa seems to ā€œ freeze ā€œ And has to try again when loading . Maybe itā€™s my old brain , but there seems to be a glitch in the matrix . ( of both no doubt ) :blush: